Speculation: Alex Wennberg scratched for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'd trade the Avs 2024 1st if I could get rid of RyJo and get Wennberg + Tanev

Avs 2024 1st + Sean Behrens (2nd rounder and ready for NHL soon as a 3 year letterman for DU) + RyJo for Wennberg +Tanev. Other Avs fans may want Decord instead. I don't think the Avs need a backup. They have two.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd trade the Avs 2024 1st if I could get rid of RyJo and get Wennberg + Tanev

Avs 2024 1st + Sean Behrens + RyJo for Wennberg and Tanev

This seems like too much from the Avs. I don't think Tanev is particularly good anymore.

I think a 2nd and 3rd for Wennberg is pretty reasonable in value.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This seems like too much from the Avs. I don't think Tanev is particularly good anymore.

I think a 2nd and 3rd for Wennberg is pretty reasonable in value.
Too bad the Avs traded all those picks from now until what feels like the end of time.

Avs have this habit of trading for guys that played well against them. Those two have played well against the Avs. So even if the compensation doesn't make sense for Colorado... the overriding factor always seems to be which guys play well against the Avs.

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
Wennberg is a rental and cannot win draws if you want a center who you get for 2 playoff runs go trade for either Lars Eller or Nico Sturm.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Why would a seller trade one UFA for another?
If Boston feels they are more likely to resign Wennberg they may do that. Wennberg is 29 and has 9 goals…he is unlikely to earn a ton as UFA. Also, I would assume Boston gets a pick as well in this deal…or a prospect,

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
If Boston feels they are more likely to resign Wennberg they may do that. Wennberg is 29 and has 9 goals…he is unlikely to earn a ton as UFA. Also, I would assume Boston gets a pick as well in this deal…or a prospect,
I was asking why Seattle would make that deal

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

The question was why a seller(Seattle) would trade an UFA for a UFA?

The answer is, the Kraken won't cause the only reason you're selling those is to get some assets without losing them for nothing.

Reactions: hn777

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Much easier answer. They may feel they can resign DeBrusk and like him more than Wennberg. I think it would be a smart move for Seattle. They do need help on the wing and DeBrusk may just need a change of scenery.

The Kraken can try and sign DeBrusk in the summer.
You don't trade you UFA for another UFA if you're a seller.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
The Kraken can try and sign DeBrusk in the summer.
You don't trade you UFA for another UFA if you're a seller.
Not usually, but it has happened, especially when there is mutual interest to do a sign and trade. And if that was the case and SEA gets a good value contract, this would be a massive home run for Francis.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Not usually, but it has happened, especially when there is mutual interest to do a sign and trade. And if that was the case and SEA gets a good value contract, this would be a massive home run for Francis.

That's just wishfull thinking on Boston fans side.

The Kraken aren't trading Wennberg for another UFA.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
That's just wishfull thinking on Boston fans side.

The Kraken aren't trading Wennberg for another UFA.
I don't think getting Wennberg for a signed JDB is a good deal for Boston. Boston doesn't need any more bottom 6 centers, they have lots. This trade would upset me as a fan, and that's why I have this bad feeling this is the type of return Boston would get for a former 1st round pick and 25+ goal scorer. I hope your right and Boston stays away.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He's ok for bottom 6 just not with his current contract and hope your coach doesn't over play him like he was on leafs
Oh, no, we'd 100% play him as the #2 centre. That's what we did the first time around. The greatest thing he did in his career was help us get Kadri from you guys. If he comes back just...:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad