Prospect Info: Alex Vlasic, Defence, USNTDP, 43rd overall (2019)

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
2017 was also the year that Hammer started to decline pretty quickly. Man if Vlasic could be another prime Hjalmarsson that would be beautiful. Also in respect to the RHD situatuon, Levshunov looks pretty good if we dont land Celebrini.
It’s a miracle Hammer lasted as long as he did, his body went through hell blocking all those shots. There’s that infamous story that he could barely get his skates on because his ankles were so swollen.

Hopefully Vlasic doesn’t have to go through that kind of punishment to be effective.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Amongst 151 D with 1000+ minutes of TOI last year, only 27 scored 30+ even-strength points. Do we really think Vlasic is going to be at or above the 82nd percentile in production? Where is his production going to come from? At best he's a PP2 option but if Vlasic is on your PP, that's probably not good news for your team.

He’s pacing 21 points on the worst roster in the NHL.

So yes, I would expect that point total to increase over the years as he matures and has better players around him.

So to answer your question…Yes

Reactions: Pez68

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
He’s pacing 21 points on the worst roster in the NHL.

So yes, I would expect that point total to increase over the years as he matures and has better players around him.

So to answer your question…Yes

Who cares about pace? Reichel was on pace for 53 points last year and 20+ goals. It's a hard league to produce in. Vlasic hasn't produced at any league he's ever played in. But let's hope you're right.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Keith developed in AHL, Hjalmarsson developed in AHL, Seabrook other than a short end of season trip went right to NHL, I think the Hawks are doing it right

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think you have to be “sure” on your stars. For the middle class of your team I think you gotta make calculated gambles and hope you cash in on a guy like Vlasic hitting.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
After Vlasic's tremendous game tonight, I decided to take a look at takeaways per 60 for defensemen this year.

Vlasic is tied with Makar for the highest takeaways per 60 of any defender in the NHL this season (minimum of 5 games). They both clock in at 2.35 per 60.

Also interesting is that Isaak Phillips is 19th league wide.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Every single one.

It's a team full of losers being paid like winners.
I would hold off on the outright statement of a complete fail in Ottawa.
They've had some injury problems but still have a very good young core.
Chabot's contract doesn't look good at the moment and Norris' trajectory is certainly hampered by his shoulder but Tkachuk, Stutzle and Sanderson are the goods.
They'll get a high pick this year and with new ownership and management one can only hope they can right the ship and become a playoff team soon.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Vlasic would be fine with 3.5 for 3 years . Anyone that remember's a very solid Bill White on the Hawks blue line would be happy If that's what he becomes.

Reactions: pvr

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I’d take Stutzle and his contract any day.

As for Vlasic, KD is right. There’s no rush to sign him, no need to give his agent ammo in the press. He’s an RFA. Use the leverage you have, when you have it, cause the players will damn sure use theirs when they have it.

The lower you get him, the better as far as the domino effect through the D-core. Whatever he gets, KK is going to point to and say ‘if he got that, I deserve at least this’.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
I don't either. I think the left side next season's gonna be KK, Vlasic, and Phillips. Allows each of those guys room to grow in the NHL, while giving EDM and Allan big opportunities in Rockford. A really solid way of handling each of them and their developments.

Just a shame that Rinzel is the only solid RHD in the farm system at the moment. Left side is in such better shape than the right long term.

Do the Hawks stray away from a LHD in the draft or take the best talent possible...?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad