Alex Semin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I haven't seen the 2 montreal games but semin was never slow. He always looks bit like going half the effort because he's on the spot the wants, gotta get him puck on rush to see the speed. i really doubt he'd lost all his speed in a year. but i'll see some of the game today.

Semin never was fast. He is flat out slow now, but does still have great hands. Hopefully the wrist injuries haven't sapped his power in his wrist shot too much.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Semin hasn't done anything to hurt the Habs. The best is yet to come!
I'm loving this line. When they're clicking, the look like an elite puck-possession line that just dictates the play and spends the entire shift in the opponents' zone. I hope the trend continues! :yo:

...and so does my fantasy team, I drafted Semin kinda high

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
He won't be getting any faster. Good thing he's on a line with Eller and Galchenyuk. They both work their ***** off in the corners and create space.
Funny, your Joe Thornton avatar actually makes me think he's a good comparable for Semin now. Not too fast, but big, good reach, and a great distributor. Thornton has never been a fast player but still has been ~PPG for like a decade. What do you guys think of the comparison?

Rock On

May 29, 2006
Saint-Jean
Funny, your Joe Thornton avatar actually makes me think he's a good comparable for Semin now. Not too fast, but big, good reach, and a great distributor. Thornton has never been a fast player but still has been ~PPG for like a decade. What do you guys think of the comparison?

Thornton is an elite playmaker and a good shooter. Adequate defensively.

Semin is a good playmaker, good shooter and is adequate defensively.

It's Thornton vision that makes him a better player even though he's 5 years older but yeah they have a similar mobility

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Actually, Thornton was always a very good skater but prefers to slow the game down. Thornton in his prime would kill Semin in his prime in a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad