Prospect Info: Alex Nylander (2016, 8th) – '17-18: Rochester #92 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I know I'm score board watching and he's coming off an injury and all but...

his numbers absolutely suck.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I’d almost be tempted to try and make a Runblad/G.Reinhart type of trade with Nylander and see if we can get a first rounder in that 12-16 range and take a D.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I’d almost be tempted to try and make a Runblad/G.Reinhart type of trade with Nylander and see if we can get a first rounder in that 12-16 range and take a D.
That would be a good move. We should have traded down that year. But will any GM be foolish enough?
I think there is hope he’ll become a top six winger. This is a lost season after all the time he missed. I thought he was the leading player on team Sweden last year and I’m pretty sure most of my countrymen would agree.

At least he’ll provide depth on the third line with Reinhart and Girgensons in the future. ;-)

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
That would be a good move. We should have traded down that year. But will any GM be foolish enough?
I think there is hope he’ll become a top six winger. This is a lost season after all the time he missed. I thought he was the leading player on team Sweden last year and I’m pretty sure most of my countrymen would agree.

At least he’ll provide depth on the third line with Reinhart and Girgensons in the future. ;-)

I don’t think a GM is foolish to move a first rounder for him, not even slightly. I just think he’s an expendable asset. And if we can turn Nylander into someone like McIsaac, Wilde or Smith I think you have to consider it.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I don’t think a GM is foolish to move a first rounder for him, not even slightly. I just think he’s an expendable asset. And if we can turn Nylander into someone like McIsaac, Wilde or Smith I think you have to consider it.
We have to give Alex a chance to recover from the injury properly and see if he's worth anything. Trading him now would be kinda silly. Maybe he goes to the WJC and comes back to life, who knows... Rochester is going well, maybe the team itself lifts him up.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I’d do it in a heartbeat if McIsaac is available.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
We have to give Alex a chance to recover from the injury properly and see if he's worth anything. Trading him now would be kinda silly. Maybe he goes to the WJC and comes back to life, who knows... Rochester is going well, maybe the team itself lifts him up.

I think it’s kinda obvious I’m taking about at the draft.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Why is everyone trying to run this guy out of town? Coming off his rookie pro year and had a major injury, now the guy is a bum? Holy crap Buffalo, have some patience.
Stop being so level headed - it’s purging time here on hf Sabres!
Botts sucks because we didn’t trade for Sheahan and give Winnik a pto. Eichel is a bust as franchise player and should be slapped on the pee pee for missing a penalty shot.
We should just leave Nylander behind at an away game. That’s what happens when you’re not ppg.

I’m disapponted in Nylander since I thought he would be showing some great two-way play and sniping at this point. He’s nowhere near a bust, but still a disappointment so far.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Why is everyone trying to run this guy out of town? Coming off his rookie pro year and had a major injury, now the guy is a bum? Holy crap Buffalo, have some patience.
Agreed. Give this young man some time.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Agreed. Give this young man some time.
or you could trade him now while other teams are willing to have patience and before he turns into the next mediocre prospect that came to the team with high flying expectations that he never lived up to, like every 1st round pick we've had for the last decade minus... 2? he doesn't even play a position worth waiting for, he's been the wrong player since the day we drafted him

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I'm always in the patience camp, until I'm not. With this player, it would be easier if he's shown something worth getting excited about. Many of us watched him in the last WJC, but that was the last glimpse. Since then, he's come to several development camps and scrimmages, and he has not dominated. He hasn't even stood out.

He's been dogged by injuries and a poor development system. He was the youngest pro in the AHL last season. All that is true, but I personally have my doubts. It would be nice to see a flash of something. No one is reporting that for this kid.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
I'm always in the patience camp, until I'm not. With this player, it would be easier if he's shown something worth getting excited about. Many of us watched him in the last WJC, but that was the last glimpse. Since then, he's come to several development camps and scrimmages, and he has not dominated. He hasn't even stood out.

He's been dogged by injuries and a poor development system. He was the youngest pro in the AHL last season. All that is true, but I personally have my doubts. It would be nice to see a flash of something. No one is reporting that for this kid.

Clearly rushed to the pros too soon. In hindsight probably an act of desperation by a GM worried about his job security.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Clearly rushed to the pros too soon. In hindsight probably an act of desperation by a GM worried about his job security.
Botterill has the right idea. You look at the most successful teams in the league and say to yourself "surely, they can't be this good at drafting?" The sabres have probably been drafting well but blowing development.

And, by the way, 'rushed to pros too soon' can be the end of the line for players.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Botterill has the right idea. You look at the most successful teams in the league and say to yourself "surely, they can't be this good at drafting?" The sabres have probably been drafting well but blowing development.

And, by the way, 'rushed to pros too soon' can be the end of the line for players.
thats 1 way to look at it

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

What is desperate about a guy going to the ahl instead of juniors? Wrong? Possibly, but desperate sounds like you ran out of vocabulary words in the rant box and you used that one to make a move on character attacks, the next episode...

Reactions: joshjull

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
What is desperate about a guy going to the ahl instead of juniors? Wrong? Possibly, but desperate sounds like you ran out of vocabulary words in the rant box and you used that one to make a move on character attacks, the next episode...

Your reading comprehension sucks, not my vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad