Player Discussion: Alex Killorn

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Hey can you do me a favor, can you start bashing Cally? When others here do it, does not seem to work, but maybe if you do it. ;)
Can't bash him, he gave me an autograph at fan fest. He's such a nice guy :)

Also he actually gives a crap about the team, Killorn doesn't seem to

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Callahan is the worst contract BAR NONE of any forward contract the Lightning has on the books. And its not even remotely close. I can make a case that Matt Carle's $1,8M AND Condra's $225k, (combined 0 points and 0 GP) are better usage of CAP space than Callahan at this point in time.

Callahan should be a 60 point player on this team based on the amount of CAP space taken up. I'll give him a break because of intangibles. He is on pace for 16 points this season ... for a UFA vet scoring at this pace the market its probably around $1,2M CAP Space or JT Brown dollars on the HIGH end. I'll give him $500k for "Leadership". I'll give him another $500k for "elite PK abilities". I'll add another $500k for "elite forechecking and blocked shots". So I'll add $1,2M + $500K + $500k+$500k = $2.7M. At most, what I'd like to pay a UFA Vet (with this type of expected scoring) for elite intangibles is around $2.7M he is making $5.8M ... the difference in dead cap space or badly used cap space is greater than the combined salaries of the 2 aforementioned players.

Killorn is actually outperforming his contract by a small margin ... but still on the plus side. This is just in terms of expected forward point totals vs CAP space allotted on a per point basis.

Now this post is mostly in jest and not scientific nor serious (mostly) ... but let's keep things in perspective when it comes to CAP usage of players on the squad. Yzerman has a team that is vastly outperforming their contracts - Kuch, Point, Gourde, Vladdy are the highest outliers on the positive end while the team only has like 2 negative performing contracts ... HotPaquette & Cally. Paquette makes no money at all so he is actually only under-performing his contract by about ~$200k ... while Callahan is under-performing his contract by one of the highest amounts in the entire league.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Can't bash him, he gave me an autograph at fan fest. He's such a nice guy :)

Also he actually gives a crap about the team, Killorn doesn't seem to

I'll give you my autograph and be nice to you - sign me to the Callahan contract. I also care a lot about the team. Let's make roster decisions and CAP space usage based on those three factors moving forward.

"Recipe for Success - Achievement Unlocked".

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'll give you my autograph and be nice to you - sign me to the Callahan contract. I also care a lot about the team. Let's make roster decisions and CAP space usage based on those three factors moving forward.

"Recipe for Success - Achievement Unlocked".
What is this someone on hf says they will be nice? Hell yeah I'd pay for that ;)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Ya were screwed with that Callahan contract when we need to resign kucherov and point that’s a buyout for Callahan

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
4 goals (3 PPG) in 3 playoff games so far. The Killer Instinct is back.

Do7qiWU.jpg

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I said before that game that one of our secondary guys needed to step up in this game and Killer answered the bell. 5 game winning goals in the playoffs for Killer!

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Over the past couple days I have done a statistical analysis of Killorn and came to the conclusion that he is a legit top 6 winger and better than Johnson. He has consistently produced at a good 2nd line level at Es the last 3 seasons and his defense is really damn good. He is one of the top corsi suppressors on the team and when away from Johnson (who he doesn’t click with well) he rocks about 57% corsi and 62% high danger. I think as a fan base we have been underrating this guy. Here’s a hero chart of him, interesting stuff.

942E657F-7B5C-40DB-9001-A472FAAFD05F.png

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Well now I know to trust the statistical analysis of a 15 year old. Johnson until this year a tasked with carrying a line and being a primary offensive catalyst, Killorn's role? A supporting player who just doesn't have to f*** up a play.

Johnson at his absolute worst produced an average Killorn season in only 69 games.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Well now I know to trust the statistical analysis of a 15 year old. Johnson until this year a tasked with carrying a line and being a primary offensive catalyst, Killorn's role? A supporting player who just doesn't have to **** up a play.

Johnson at his absolute worst produced an average Killorn season in only 69 games.
6DC2E83B-123A-49C9-A8F4-AF81F0096053.png

At es Johnson produces a bit worse than Killorn and he’s way worse defensively. I don’t think the gap is as big as this indicates but Killorn has the edge imo.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think Killorn's biggest problem is his unstable skating. Makes him easy to get frustrated at because it's so visible when he falls down during a play, so you forget whatever else he did to create the chance or whatever. That and his streakiness, but Johnson has the same issue nowadays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad