Confirmed with Link: Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kuapri, Gabe Vilardi + 2024 2nd round pick to Winnipeg for Pierre-Luc Dubois

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Kings are my second team and have been since around 2007.

I honestly don't get why Kings fans are so obsessed with VIlardi. Dude's one back injury away from his career ending.

Everything else in the deal is meaningless.
It's precisely because he overcame the odds, but also heavily due to him and Kempe being the only top 6 players to develop from what should've been a pool with many more.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
How in the world did we give up so much for so little?

PLD is the only piece coming back!? Not even Dillon @ 50% or Stanley... what about Harkins?

Why the hell did we trade Vilardi in the first place? There have been no indications that there were recent contract disputes with him...
Not sure if an actual rumor or something just speculates but saw something about how the Kings haven't even talked to Vilardi's agent yet.

Reactions: KopitarFAN

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
This is the Kings making room for some of the youth that is waiver eligible. But my god we gave up a lot !

Dubois maybe is better than what we know or think . Mind boggling, cant wait to see him play before panicking more
i'm less so upset about what we gave up, more so about who we gave it up for when there's other problems here

kopitar/danault 1-2 isn't what lost us the oilers series, this still hasn't addressed the D and goaltending aside from giving up the net negative durzi

just seems like this is something that could've been addressed AFTER fixing that

Reactions: Kings Fan 77

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Lol, 4 for 1 plus a bunch of money on the books for the 1. Who is a second line center on any theoretical champion team?

Can’t wait for these idiots in management to go down in flames trying to win off the legacy of the last GM. If history repeats itself our next GM should bring us a cup in like 10 years from now,

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Now to see who the starting goalie is going to be next season. Kings have some flexibility, but I would prefer them not to overpay for another middling goalie like they did with Petersen. If it takes a pick to acquire Vladar, so be it, I’ll take that chance versus a $5M goalie who peters out.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Yea.. the Lucic trade was far worse. At least this is for a good player signed long term.

But yikes this is ugly with Winnipeg not sending anyone else. And the cap situation is bad

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Kings are my second team and have been since around 2007.

I honestly don't get why Kings fans are so obsessed with VIlardi. Dude's one back injury away from his career ending.

Everything else in the deal is meaningless.
Everyone is one back injury away from their career ending. Vilardi doesn't have a back problem any longer. It wasn't even an injury. It was muscles not being developed right which caused his issues.

I'm just mostly unclear about how you can even compare PLD to Mike Richards. They're not even remotely the same player or person.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Now to see who the starting goalie is going to be next season. Kings have some flexibility, but I would prefer them not to overpay for another middling goalie like they did with Petersen. If it takes a pick to acquire Vladar, so be it, I’ll take that chance versus a $5M goalie who peters out.
Copley will start. They'll grab someone else out of the bin for backup.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The contract is the problem for me, not who they gave up. It's reasonable to give up a good second line winger for a good 2C. The rest of the trade is full of stuff everyone was wishing wasn't part of the team so I don't care about that. Other than Vilardi and the 2nd (gotten for trading a bum) it's a bunch of meaningless stuff. But giving PLD an 8 year deal with his history is something else entirely.

Reactions: BigBrown

dabeechman

Sep 12, 2006
Probably would have been a 1st if he had it. I just don't understand the logic here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad