Confirmed with Link: Alex Iafallo, Rasmus Kuapri, Gabe Vilardi + 2024 2nd round pick to Winnipeg for Pierre-Luc Dubois

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
A big, mobile, 25-year-old center locked up until he’s 33, who more than likely will be chipping in 25-30 goals and 70+ points… sounds like someone who will succeed Kopitar in the near future.

Now they better hope that Byfield and Kaliyev start producing decent numbers. Getting 40-50+ points out of them would replace Vilardi’s and Iafallo’s numbers.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
It's the 8 x 8.5 that really jumps out more so than the addition of Kupari and a 2nd versus what was rumored.

If the guy is a quitter, imagine what he'll be like now that he's gotten paid.
that's what i'm worried about

i don't like 8 year contracts for anyf***inbody, especially not someone with a track record

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Can’t say I like the trade at all. I hate losing Vilardi but we will see. It’ll hinge on the attitude of PLD.

Reactions: David Lunch

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
A big, mobile, 25-year-old center locked up until he’s 33, who more than likely will be chipping in 25-30 goals and 70+ points… sounds like someone who will succeed Kopitar in the near future.

Now they better hope that Byfield and Kaliyev start decent producing numbers. Getting 40-50+ points out of them would replace Vilardi’s and Iafallo’s numbers.
Kopitar scored 70 points while being a Selke trophy winner. Dubois sucks at defense.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Beckman needs to step in and fire Luc and Blake before this very bad move is made. TSN sports writers were discussing how PLD gives up on teams which they believe will continue to happen, why any team would want PLD on their team.
Canadian media craps on player for not wanting to play in 2 incredibly undesirable markets. Shocking.

Reactions: hn777

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I’m okay with Kupari going, he can be replaced with one of Fagemo/Pinelli/Chromiak.

What annoys me is that Blake and Co. give me not one shred of confidence in the direction of the team. Top to bottom from GM to coach to whatever the f*** Luc is needs to go.

Reactions: JJDrums

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I am loving the trade, mostly because of the tears of everyone in here who has no idea of anything, (what was Vilardi asking for, how is his health, what is Kopitar doing after next year, etc)

Not really happy Kupari is involved, I liked him as a player, but meh, expecting one or more assets other than PLD would be surprised if there wasn't.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
I don't get the negative reactions to this trade.

This is Mike Richards 2.0 for the Kings. Great deal that likely ends in a cup if they can figure out their goaltending.
1687898774579.png

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
This basically boils down to Vilardi for Dubois for me. Dubois is a year older, and much, more proven, but we could still come out on the losing side of this trade if he doesn't bring the goods and Vilardi continues to stay healthy and improve. I wish we could've also received one of their defenseman with size, especially since we sent out three players for one.

I said it earlier, and I'll say it again though. Blake's trades, signings, and pro scouting have been much, much better than his drafting and developing of forwards. Let's hope this trade continues that trend.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
How in the world did we give up so much for so little?

PLD is the only piece coming back!? Not even Dillon @ 50% or Stanley... what about Harkins?

Why the hell did we trade Vilardi in the first place? There have been no indications that there were recent contract disputes with him...

Reactions: Schrute farms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad