Alex Galchenyuk - 1st line talent, 3rd line minutes edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Watch Jim Nill swoop in and snag him. We'll end up with Nichuskin and ****ing Hemsky or some crap like this. Honestly, he's a kid. He'll learn from these kind of things, but Bergevin loves his character moves.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
If the neighbors called the cops because of a domestic incident and the cops only arrested the girl... It means Chuck was REALLY very OBVIOUSLY not involved. Because in my experience even if the girl is smashing things and going nuts the cops will arrest the man 90% of the time.

That's the biggest thing for me. I've seen one of my friend get assaulted with a knife, bloodied and bad cuts everywhere on his arms and hands and yet the dumbass police still cuffed both her AND him despite our witness that he did nothing wrong and needed care.

High chance that the cops showed up and the Gf was obviously under the influence of something and Galchenyuk was or at least seemed 100% sober.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
WHo cares about being paid millions. That has nothing to do with it, this could happen to any "Joe" around here. Also, we don't know if he was partying.

I don't understand the people who are freaking out when Gally is the victim of domestic violence. How is Gally the problem?I don't understand the people who are freaking out when Gally is the victim of domestic violence. How is Gally the problem?

because they're 2 different subject
first subject : His personal problem with his gf, no one should care about this, this is between them
second subject : he was supposedly partying after a defeat, and is supposedly in all sorts of off-ice events

I don't understand why we're not allowed to talk about the second part. It's all presumption, but we're still allowed to talk about it. The "he did nothing wrong" attitude about him has to stop at some point. We can talk about his flaws too

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sure buddy, that sounds nice, but it doesn't work like that in real life. You live, you learn. He's 21. He met a hot girl and started dating her. Maybe he realized she was loco and he told her off. She came back throwing a fit.

I can tell you for a fact Habs players party, they get hammered. They do it regularly, every generation. It will never change. I had shots with DLR, Gallagher and Beaulieu last season. On that note, Gallagher never said thanks that ungrateful little turd. ;)
Koivu tried picking up my friend. Streit went out with a friend. Heck, Marc Bergevin slept with a friend of mine. I can spit out so many stories here but it's pointless. They are not stories, they are simply human beings living. That's it.

This only became public because the police was involved. Galchenyuk isn't even the one that called them.
Jagr slept with an 18yo model and she tried to blackmail him by taking a picture of him while sleeping but he didn't give two craps about it. You can't tell these guys to stop living, and you can't always spot the crazies out there.

BUt then you will take other younger guys throughout the league out there that you absolutely hear nothing about. So the real life suggest that not everyboyd is the same, some are more serious than others, some likes to party more than others and in the end, like I said, if this team would be winning, it would totally be a non-story. BUt in a losing situation in Montréal, you need to be careful. That's the real life when you play in Montréal.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Thank god he's been our best center in the last couple of months so the media won't (probably will anyway) say that he sucks because he parties too much.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Maybe she came home at 8 am and he was already in bed, and she flipped out because his comforter moved? There are so many things that could have happened and it's all speculation.

I'm going to try and just relax and pretend like our team isn't burning into flames.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
because they're 2 different subject
first subject : His personal problem with his gf, no one should care about this, this is between them
second subject : he was supposedly partying after a defeat, and is supposedly in all sorts of off-ice events

I don't understand why we're not allowed to talk about the second part. It's all presumption, but we're still allowed to talk about it. The "he did nothing wrong" attitude about him has to stop at some point. We can talk about his flaws too

I didn't say we should not talk about. I said people here are blowing the situation out of proportion.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I didn't say we should not talk about. I said people here are blowing the situation out of proportion.

Blowing situation out of proportion would mean asking to trade him.....nobody will do that. Not even here.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
If the neighbors called the cops because of a domestic incident and the cops only arrested the girl... It means Chuck was REALLY very OBVIOUSLY not involved. Because in my experience even if the girl is smashing things and going nuts the cops will arrest the man 90% of the time.

I'm a police officer and this is very false. I've arrested the female more than the male in domestics. We look at facts and arrest the primary aggressor. Sounds like Galchenyuk did nothing wrong though. She obviously came over and didn't like something and started causing quite the scene. Here in BC we don't give people a choice about charges if it involves physical violence between a couple. If that's the case out there then my thoughts is she just smashed up his place and in that case, its a property crime and people do have the choice of pressing charges.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
That's the biggest thing for me. I've seen one of my friend get assaulted with a knife, bloodied and bad cuts everywhere on his arms and hands and yet the dumbass police still cuffed both her AND him despite our witness that he did nothing wrong and needed care.

High chance that the cops showed up and the Gf was obviously under the influence of something and Galchenyuk was or at least seemed 100% sober.

I would take it one step further and say he was sleeping and she was never let into the apartment. It really takes a lot for the cops not to arrest the man.

By the way, why does everyone assume he was partying at 8am? He may have had people over but that doesn't mean they were partying, they could have been in bed for all we know.

Not to mention that, party or not, I'm always up at 8am the next morning anyway.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm a police officer and this is very false. I've arrested the female more than the male in domestics. We look at facts and arrest the primary aggressor. Sounds like Galchenyuk did nothing wrong though. She obviously came over and didn't like something and started causing quite the scene. Here in BC we don't give people a choice about charges if it involves physical violence between a couple. If that's the case out there then my thoughts is she just smashed up his place and in that case, its a property crime and people do have the choice of pressing charges.

I don't doubt how you do your job, I'm just speaking from experience. The guy almost always gets arrested (though the girl may get arrested too). Unfortunate reality I know a bit too well.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Thank god he's been our best center in the last couple of months so the media won't (probably will anyway) say that he sucks because he parties too much.

7 points and -10 in the last 15 games with an average of 15:48 min of icetime, what an accomplishment, send him some flowers

void

Jan 5, 2006
She probably came home and caught him in bed with another girl. It probably isn't a big deal but people said the same about the Kassian incident and look what happened. Then we had the Galchenyuk/Thomas incident and Thomas was traded almost immediately. Wouldn't be surprised if Galchenyuk gets shipped out of town...

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I would take it one step further and say he was sleeping and she was never let into the apartment. It really takes a lot for the cops not to arrest the man.

By the way, why does everyone assume he was partying at 8am? He may have had people over but that doesn't mean they were partying, they could have been in bed for all we know.

Not to mention that, party or not, I'm always up at 8am the next morning anyway.

If he's actually still partying at 8am it would be hard for me to not believe there wasn't any white stuff involved. I'm not saying there was, that would be slander. What I'm saying is, it's hard to party till 8am without a little boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad