News Article: Alex Chiasson signs PTO with Coyotes

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Eh it's just a PTO. Guenther has all the opportunity in the world to make this roster, if he can't beat out Chaisson, Fisher, and Kassian than he doesn't belong here yet. Same goes for any other winger in our system.
Like you said it's a PTO and most don't stick.

Reactions: YotesFan47

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Garland and Goligoski with great things to say about Chiasson:

Chiasson’s former teammates believe that he could also help fill a leadership role.

“I can’t say enough good things about him,” said former Coyote Conor Garland, who played with Chiasson last season in Vancouver. “He would be such a great addition for that room. Great pro, great guy.

We became close as the year went on. He was huge for us down the stretch and he will go down as an all-time favorite teammate for me.”

Garland said Chiasson possesses the “lost art of just going to the right places and scoring goals,” and he is also a fun teammate.”

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Garland and Goligoski with great things to say about Chiasson:

Chiasson’s former teammates believe that he could also help fill a leadership role.

“I can’t say enough good things about him,” said former Coyote Conor Garland, who played with Chiasson last season in Vancouver. “He would be such a great addition for that room. Great pro, great guy.

We became close as the year went on. He was huge for us down the stretch and he will go down as an all-time favorite teammate for me.”

Garland said Chiasson possesses the “lost art of just going to the right places and scoring goals,” and he is also a fun teammate.”

Makes you winder why no team offered him a contract.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I’d rather this spot was occupied by a cap dump that came with an asset (Hornqvist, etc) - oh well!

It's not necessarily too late, so don't lose hope! ;)

My suspicion (I could be wrong?) is that FLA is going to wait until Duclair comes back from injury to see if anyone else is going to end up on LTIR and alleviate their cap issues before parting with an asset now for Hornqvist. And that is the prudent and smart move, to be fair.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Eh it's just a PTO. Guenther has all the opportunity in the world to make this roster, if he can't beat out Chaisson, Fisher, and Kassian than he doesn't belong here yet. Same goes for any other winger in our system.
Guenther doesn’t have to beat out Chaisson. They perform two different roles. Guenther is a scoring top 6 forward. Chaisson is a bottom 6 grinder.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Guenther doesn’t have to beat out Chaisson. They perform two different roles. Guenther is a scoring top 6 forward. Chaisson is a bottom 6 grinder.
I think the success of both is highly dependent on RW PP2. I see this is as a direct competition for the same opportunity which represents the key to their success.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Good point but 5-5 is far more important to me. We need Guenther to make a statement on the second line and Chaisson to “hold the fort” on the 3rd or 4 th line. Both players can make the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad