Alex Burmistrov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
The roster has also changed - it's a far better line-up than 2 years ago.

I agree, and that could have a lot to do with his reevaluation in the board's eyes.

If Burmi's attitude has changed, and he's willing to fill whatever role the team requires, then I will be quite pleased to have him return. He did have talent, just not as much as some would lead you to believe.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The person on here that said the bolded can tell you who he is if he wants .

Why not read the latest article that touches on his attitude if you want .

We do need players and please tell me when I've said that under no circumstances could Burmistrov come back . Also that I don't think he has some talent and is an asset . It would be foolish to bring him back IF the Jets felt that was not right the decision , that part we are waiting on .

Not my mission to convince you one way or the other , nor anyone else , but bringing things to light ( like yet another article by a journalist ) that touches on this matter isn't forbidden on here , at least not yet .

Nope, I never accused you of saying that. :)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Discuss Burmi, not posters. It's been pretty clearly stated on numerous occasions that discussing posters is off limits. In a real-world debate, the moderators would never allow for this. If you have issues with statements made by posters, critique the statements only. Thanks.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
The person on here that said the bolded can tell you who he is if he wants .

Why not read the latest article that touches on his attitude if you want .

We do need players and please tell me when I've said that under no circumstances could Burmistrov come back . Also that I don't think he has some talent and is an asset . It would be foolish to bring him back IF the Jets felt that was not right the decision , that part we are waiting on .

Given how bass ackwards some Jets decisions so apparently are (Pavelec, 4-year Stuart for starters), bringing him back if the Jets felt it wasn't right might actually be very right.

jetkarma*

Given how bass ackwards some Jets decisions so apparently are (Pavelec, 4-year Stuart for starters), bringing him back if the Jets felt it wasn't right might actually be very right.

This post kind of infers the Jets make more wrong decisions than correct ones . IF that was the case , then I could see the contrarian model for decision making , since I highly disgree that the Jets are making more wrong than right ones , I think your suggestion would be wrong .

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
But when you adjust for quality of linemate, and only look at 5vs5 icetime, they are very close.

Umm, how can we factor the above into this when there is only one year where you can make an NHL vs NHL comparison.

Burmie's 18 and 19 years in the NHL are vs Scheifele's two years in junior (Impossible to factor in usage).

In there 20 year old seasons:

Burmie scored at a rate of 1.08 points per 60 whereas Scheifele scored at rate of 1.75 points per 60. I'm sorry but they aren't at all close this year in that regard.

In there 21 year old seasons Burmie is in Russia playing in an offensive role, but even then Schifele's NHLE's are superior while playing in a superior league.

I don't see a comparison offensively at all between the two at this point. Burmie's numbers are closer to Lowry's than Scheifele's.

Waldo

May 27, 2002
Winnipeg
Visit site
When he was here last, the Jets offered him an English tutor but he declined. He didn't mix well with his teammates and hung around with Antrpov, who could speak Russian. If there are no Russians on the team, I wonder how Burmi will integrate into lineup or communicate with other players or with Mo.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
When he was here last, the Jets offered him an English tutor but he declined. He didn't mix well with his teammates and hung around with Antrpov, who could speak Russian. If there are no Russians on the team, I wonder how Burmi will integrate into lineup or communicate with other players or with Mo.

Let's get some then! Byfuglien for Garrison+Namestnikov? Draft Svechnikov?

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
Umm, how can we factor the above into this when there is only one year where you can make an NHL vs NHL comparison.

Burmie's 18 and 19 years in the NHL are vs Scheifele's two years in junior (Impossible to factor in usage).

In there 20 year old seasons:

Burmie scored at a rate of 1.08 points per 60 whereas Scheifele scored at rate of 1.75 points per 60. I'm sorry but they aren't at all close this year in that regard.

In there 21 year old seasons Burmie is in Russia playing in an offensive role, but even then Schifele's NHLE's are superior while playing in a superior league.

I don't see a comparison offensively at all between the two at this point. Burmie's numbers are closer to Lowry's than Scheifele's.

We can totally make an NHL vs NHL comparison

Scheifele......156gp TOIavg 13:77 29g 55a 84pts 1.595pts/60 (5v5) OZS% 47.7 DZS% 52.3 Corsi EV 46.2
Burmistrov....194gp TOIavg 12.37 23g 35a 58pts 1.180pts/60 (5v5) OZS% 51.2 DZS% 48.8 Corsi EV 50.5

Scheifele got a few more minutes on average and had more Dzone starts than Burmistrov. Burmistrov is better at shot suppression.

Scheifele played with better linemates, more often. Wheeler, Kane, Perrault, Stafford, Frolik vs. Tangradi, Thorburn, Cormier. That makes a huge difference. When Burmistrov played with Kane, Wellwood, Ladd, Little or Wheeler he scored at top 6 rates. Isn't the Kane Burmistrov Wellwood line still our most productive line p/60 after LLW? Given the same opportunity Burmistrov's point totals would be higher. While I do think Scheifele is/will be the superior offensive player, the difference isn't as great as some people make it out to be.

I'm not even taking into account the facts that Burmistrov entered the NHL at 19 and that Scheifele has benefited from 1.5 seasons playing under Maurice on an overall better team.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
This post kind of infers the Jets make more wrong decisions than correct ones . IF that was the case , then I could see the contrarian model for decision making , since I highly disgree that the Jets are making more wrong than right ones , I think your suggestion would be wrong .

The post doesn't infer anything. Words cannot infer because they cannot think, deduce or guess. You might infer it because you have a brain and can do those things, but in this case you wouldn't be quite accurate. What I am implying is not that the majority of their decisions are wrong, but that they make enough wrong decisions to open the possibility that a decision they think is wrong is actually right, or vice versa. They have shown themselves to be fallible in decision making; if they'd done a George Costanza (i.e. do the opposite of what their instincts tell them) with some of their worst decisions, they'd be better off today.

Although I am not implying, stating or suggesting here that the majority of their decisions are/were wrong, history might still show that they were. That'll be for an objective future to determine.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't even see 4C. Maybe as a safety net in case Copp isn't up to it.

Burmistrov as our 4th center over Slater makes us a much better team , Copp who knows ?? Maybe they both make the team , one a center the other a winger .

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Burmistrov as our 4th center over Slater makes us a much better team , Copp who knows ?? Maybe they both make the team , one a center the other a winger .

I think 4C is there for Copp. Burmi is most likely 3LW but if Copp isn't quite up to the job Burmi couldbe used there until Copp is ready.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
No way burmi is traded until he performs for jets. If they trade him before him playing for jets it sends a terrible message for future russian draftees that they can pull same crap. I am sure being hard would buy chevy some street cred amongst other gms. Seems drafting Russians ls very risky these days.

Jets must remedy this situation as not to alienate themselves from drafting future russians.

Well positioned with maurise c9aching in russia. Perhaps they draft a few russians this year to show they are russian friendly?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Put him in the lineup at 4LW behind Ladd, Perreault and Ehlers. Anytime we lose a C or LW to injury Burmi slides up to fill the spot.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Put him in the lineup at 4LW behind Ladd, Perreault and Ehlers. Anytime we lose a C or LW to injury Burmi slides up to fill the spot.
I'd love to have a lineup THAT good, that he's pushed back to 4th line duty, but seriously, our only forwards under contract for next season are...
  • Ladd
  • Little
  • Wheeler
  • Perrault
  • Scheifele
  • Lowry
  • Thorburn
  • Peluso (RFA) :help:
Right now Peluso/Burmistrov/Thorburn would be our THIRD line. :cry: Chevy needs to start signing people soon. Otherwise October 2015 is going to resemble April 2014 (the "Winnipeg Icecaps") and the Manitoba Moose will be totally depleted of forwards,

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'd love to have a lineup THAT good, that he's pushed back to 4th line duty, but seriously, our only forwards under contract for next season are...
  • Ladd
  • Little
  • Wheeler
  • Perrault
  • Scheifele
  • Lowry
  • Thorburn
Right now Peluso/Burmistrov/Thorburn would be our THIRD line. :cry: Chevy needs to start signing people soon. Otherwise October 2015 is going to resemble April 2014 (the "Winnipeg Icecaps") and the Manitoba Moose will be totally depleted of forwards,

You can add Copp, Petan, Armia, Ehlers and Lipon competing for jobs, maybe 2 tops, probably 1. Byfuglien could be a top 6/9 W and certainly would get one back in a trade. I think we need to sign 2 of our UFAs, or bring in 2/3 more. If Burmistrov wants to come back, he is probably no more than a 3rd line utility (any of the 3 positions) or 4th line centre. Is he welcome back? Radulov was not a good fit when he returned to the Preds, though it was at a different time of the season. We could use his talent, Maurice I think would like a lot of aspects of his game, and may get results from him. But maybe he needs a fresh start, and us a different kind of role player, because I fully expect Nik Petan to exceed Burmi's potential within one year, with the main factor being development, at the junior level and in the A. Burmi's supposed lack of maturity may be a direct result of the way he was developed on a talent poor Thrashers team, funny his first year he started playing between Boulton and Thorburn...deja vu?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Don't you think you should have somebody on the right side?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
  • Ladd
  • Little
  • Wheeler
  • Perrault
  • Scheifele
  • Lowry
  • Thorburn

Personally I'm not that worried by the # of forwards we have under contract. Counting Burmi and not counting Peluso we have 8 forwards signed. Chevy will need to be careful to leave some room for the prospects coming up. I think Ehlers and Copp are here next season and Petan and Armia within a year or 2.

Add to the fact that some teams will need to quickly start shedding salary once the cup finals are over to get under the cap next season, including our old friends the Hawks. Maybe we pick up Sharp for cheap. He has 2 years left at less actual $ then his cap hit. Also the possibility of a big Buff trade in the draft run-up that may see a significant roster change. I'm sure Chevy has had discussions with and knows the cost of keeping his own UFA's and I still see it is likely Stafford and Stemp get signed.

There are a lot of pieces in play, and I'd prefer Chevy put the best possible roster in place rather then jump the gun just to have someone under contract. I'm glad he is playing this out like a real GM, now that he got his big boy pants last season.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Personally I'm not that worried by the # of forwards we have under contract. Counting Burmi and not counting Peluso we have 8 forwards signed. Chevy will need to be careful to leave some room for the prospects coming up. I think Ehlers and Copp are here next season and Petan and Armia within a year or 2.

Add to the fact that some teams will need to quickly start shedding salary once the cup finals are over to get under the cap next season, including our old friends the Hawks. Maybe we pick up Sharp for cheap. He has 2 years left at less actual $ then his cap hit. Also the possibility of a big Buff trade in the draft run-up that may see a significant roster change. I'm sure Chevy has had discussions with and knows the cost of keeping his own UFA's and I still see it is likely Stafford and Stemp get signed.

There are a lot of pieces in play, and I'd prefer Chevy put the best possible roster in place rather then jump the gun just to have someone under contract. I'm glad he is playing this out like a real GM, now that he got his big boy pants last season.

When you put it that way I can agree. You acknowledge the issue and include probable F help in trade consideration.

I think it is a little premature to count Burmi but not unreasonable. Considering our shortage at F it makes more sense to sign him than it does to trade unless it is a deal that includes a F or 2. The thing is that we should have the choice there as we still control his rights.

The same goes for Ehlers and Copp. Neither is a sure thing but counting them is not unreasonable. That still only gives us 10 though. I think there is a real possibility that we start the season with only 13. We could go with 3 goalies at least for a while. Or we could have 8 D. After those 2 situations sort themselves out it is even possible that we have only 22 on the roster with the farm team in Wpg. So we still need 3. I'm not going to count either Stemp or Staff until they are actually signed but if Chevy can sign at least 1 FA we are almost there and have several options for the last 2 spots including more rookies. I wouldn't mind Halischuk on the 4th line and Peluso in the pressbox. I'm hoping for better but they would be adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad