Proposal: Aleksandar Georgiev to Oilers

What do you think?

• Total voters

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I've said this many times - a hot goaltender can cover up any number of flaws in your line up. This happened earlier in the season in Edmonton. Hot goaltending allowed the team to leap out in front of the whole league and when that as found to unsustainable (of course, Smith and Koskinen? c'mon) the real holes in the Oilers line up became apparently. Then they came crashing to earth. We all knew it would happen. Tippett knew it. And Holland probably did too.

I feel like it was goal scoring that carried them early in the season. They were the highest scoring team in the league through their red hot start. They scored at least 5 goals 11 times through October and November.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I feel like it was goal scoring that carried them early in the season. They were the highest scoring team in the league through their red hot start. They scored at least 5 goals 11 times through October and November.

You're right, I left out they were also outscoring their problems. They were giving up a ton of scoring chances and there were more than two or three games where goaltending bailed them out. They would have lost those five goal games 6-5.

When they stopped scoring like that and they saw their goaltending tank the Oilers went into a tailspin.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Not a bad deal for the Oilers, I wouldn't take it as the Rangers, but I don't think the Oilers should be bargain shopping. As I've said in the relevant threads, Oilers need to pony up enough to shake loose a legit starter, not a maybe, change of scenery, has been, perhaps with more ice time, types. A real starter worthy of sharing the ice with McDavid and Draisaitl.
Not many options. Varlamov.

Who else could realistically be had?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Just take him away from us. I still believe he can perform more consistent and be decent in a regular role, but please just take him from us already and get him the hell away from our team. Thanks! We'll take whatever expiring cap hit you need to shed and a 7th.

Reactions: Zats Muccarello

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Koskinen actually isn't that bad. His problem is he only has 30 or so good games in him per year. That and the Oilers top players don't like to play defense and their blueline is terrible defensively.

You hit every one of Edmonton's problems and called Koskinen to the T . Well done considering you are not an Oiler fan .

Reactions: Dan Kelly

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lmao never has

This show you either don't watch the Oilers or are looking to cause a pissing match . Just look at his last 9 games and you will see those flashes .Of course I am assuming you can see but maybe that is the issue .

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad