Prospect Info: Albany Devils and ECHL talk offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Game is over, it ended 2-1. Mozik and Auvitu with the goals.

5 & 7 sog's respectively. 2 a's Blender. Dev's win shot battle 36-19.

Q, Lappin, Kujo, the 2 Blakes's all quiet on the score sheet.

Rochester is in the running for worst team in the league.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
For anyone looking to see live hockey today, the Albany Devils are home at 5pm.

**All kids 12 & under get in free today.

Only a 2 hour drive from North Jersey and you get to see quite a few legitimate Devils prospects like JQ, Blender, Santini and prob Appleby.

Ticket pricing is way cheaper than for NJD games too.
Parking right next door is only $10.

Last edited:

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Auvitu scored on a breakaway at even strength without coming out from the box or anything, he just beat everyone up the ice and Blandisi got the puck to him. It shouldn't be very long until he's up here again.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Auvitu scored on a breakaway at even strength without coming out from the box or anything, he just beat everyone up the ice and Blandisi got the puck to him. It shouldn't be very long until he's up here again.

Hynes would have yelled at him for not chasing someone behind the goal line.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Second goal against was all Helgeson. Turned it over right in front of the net. Seems he can't even play D at this level.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
And Rochester ties it up after 2 periods.

Pelley Novak and Thomson with -2's.

Pelley seemed to deflect the puck on the first goal as well. He either put it on the other side of Appleby as he was moving across or slowed it down enough for Appleby's rebound to go right to the forward in front.

EDIT: Auvitu seemed to be caught on the ice for a long shift following a PP. Got beat to a dump-in below the goal line and then the shot from the rebound was scored on the guy behind him in coverage. Looked like he was exhausted though.

And Helgeson just had the bright idea to shove a player directly into Appleby because he got beat. May have been Gormley, but I'm 90% sure it was Helgeson.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Ya up 3-0 on one of the worst teams in the league only to lose 5-3? That is lousy.

Outshot Rochester 16-3 in the 1st, only to be out shot 10-6, and then 11-4 in the last 2 periods.

Blender with 12 pim's.

Can't win em all but you can't blow a 3-0 lead to one of the worst teams while at home.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
How's Mozik look? Could he handle a call up? Does he have a shot at an NHL career or is he more of an AHL player?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
How's Mozik look? Could he handle a call up? Does he have a shot at an NHL career or is he more of an AHL player?

Solid and steady, nothing special aside from the shot.

I still think he can carve out a 3RD role if given the opportunity, but I don't think he's good enough to lose sleep over if he ends up leaving after this year (RFA).

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
No Devils at the All-Star Game

The three members of the Albany Devils scheduled to participate in this weekend’s American Hockey League All-Star Classic in Allentown, Pa., have been ordered to stay home because of a virus that has infected members of the team.

Forwards John Quenneville and Joe Blandisi were part of the original 12-player North Division roster. Defenseman Vojtech Mozik was added as a replacement for a St. John’s player who was recalled to the NHL. It would have been the first all-star appearance for each of them.

Quenneville contracted the virus earlier this month and missed four games, returning to the lineup Jan. 21 at St. John’s. Since then, defenseman Reece Scarlett and forwards Blake Pietila and Ben Sexton became ill and missed both of the Devils’ weekend games against Rochester.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
The three members of the Albany Devils scheduled to participate in this weekend’s American Hockey League All-Star Classic in Allentown, Pa., have been ordered to stay home because of a virus that has infected members of the team.

Forwards John Quenneville and Joe Blandisi were part of the original 12-player North Division roster. Defenseman Vojtech Mozik was added as a replacement for a St. John’s player who was recalled to the NHL. It would have been the first all-star appearance for each of them.

Quenneville contracted the virus earlier this month and missed four games, returning to the lineup Jan. 21 at St. John’s. Since then, defenseman Reece Scarlett and forwards Blake Pietila and Ben Sexton became ill and missed both of the Devils’ weekend games against Rochester.
At least it's during the All-Star game and they get a chance to recuperate.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Solid and steady, nothing special aside from the shot.

I still think he can carve out a 3RD role if given the opportunity, but I don't think he's good enough to lose sleep over if he ends up leaving after this year (RFA).

Cool, thanks. The 3RD role was what I was assuming/hoping for him. We need depth everywhere we can get it.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Yep.

And if they had those players available yesterday they prob don't blow the 3 goal lead.

They had JQ, Blandisi, and Mozik in the line-up last night.

This seems to completely be a precautionary move on the AHL's part. With a virus going around the Albany team, it wouldn't be smart to send guys who may have the virus and pass it along to other players and other teams.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They had JQ, Blandisi, and Mozik in the line-up last night.

This seems to completely be a precautionary move on the AHL's part. With a virus going around the Albany team, it wouldn't be smart to send guys who may have the virus and pass it along to other players and other teams.

Yes, but, I wasn't referring to them.

Sexton, Pietila and Scarlett.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Good thing I didn't get tickets to the events this weekend. Wouldve been so pissed to see no Devils players

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Good thing I didn't get tickets to the events this weekend. Wouldve been so pissed to see no Devils players

Yeah I was thinking that too. I was very close to getting tix since the arena is 10 minutes from my house, but it would have been a real bummer not seeing and Albany players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad