Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
It's not Matt Loughlin, it's some other joker.:laugh:

Matt Loughlin does the NHL Devils radiocasts. He gets a little too excited too, but not like that Albany guy.

SHOT! SCCOOOORREEEEEE! STEEEEEPHAAAANE MAATTTTEEEEAAUUU WITH A BACKHANDED BEEEAUUUUUUTY! AND THE DEVILS LEAD IT 2-0!:laugh:

Oh then I definitely Matt Loughlin was the guy you're talking about I think. Who's the voice you hear during the highlight vids?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh then I definitely Matt Loughlin was the guy you're talking about I think. Who's the voice you hear during the highlight vids?

I'm not sure what his name is, but he's the Albany Devils radio announcer. If you listen, he probably says his name a few times on the air during the broadcasts. Matt Loughlin has a similar style, but he's waayyyy more contained than this guy is. The Albany guy is out of control.

He lets out a boring and dull ''Shot socre'' when the other team scores. And he always uses that ''With a backhanded beeeeeauuuuuuty'' line too.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'm not sure what his name is, but he's the Albany Devils radio announcer. If you listen, he probably says his name a few times on the air during the broadcasts. Matt Loughlin has a similar style, but he's waayyyy more contained than this guy is. The Albany guy is out of control.

He lets out a boring and dull ''Shot socre'' when the other team scores. And he always uses that ''With a backhanded beeeeeauuuuuuty'' line too.

Okay, so this guy ISN'T Loughlin, right? I'm not sure why I thought he was. :laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Okay, so this guy ISN'T Loughlin, right? I'm not sure why I thought he was. :laugh:

Nope. I'm not sure what that dudes name is. Loughlin does the NHL Devils radio broadcasts play by play.

Cougar Saucy

Dec 2, 2013

Sooooo you want him to be excited when the other teams score? shame on you

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Obviously the level of competition and speed of the game have nothing to do with it.

It honestly does not really affect anything. Kowalski puts Larsson on the power play and gives him #1 minutes. Tedenby is generally in the top6 down there. Don't give me that level of competition BS because practically every team has NHL talent on their farm teams.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
It honestly does not really affect anything. Kowalski puts Larsson on the power play and gives him #1 minutes. Tedenby is generally in the top6 down there. Don't give me that level of competition BS because practically every team has NHL talent on their farm teams.

I assume most teams keep their talent in the NHL and their lesser players in the AHL. You're making it sounds as if there is almost no difference between the 2 leagues. The level of competition difference is pretty important.

Rob Nieds work ethic

Swarm it up Devils!
Aug 17, 2007

The game speed in the AHL is closer to my beer league than to the NHL. It makes a ******** of difference.

Devils Pride 26

BrickCityHockey*****
Jan 12, 2008
NJ

Utterly ridiculous. The difference between AHL and NHL is the speed of the game. Much like the difference between JV and Varsity. At the NHL, you have no time to think, decisions must be definite and immediate. At the AHL level the game moves much slower. Mistakes aren't as glaring.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Okay guys I wasn't being serious. My point is that if Larsson was to be given the same freedom and correct role in NJ that he has been given in Albany he'd be a hell of a lot better.

Last edited:

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
ugh not a good start today.

Kinkaid's playing his second game in two days and the team's playing their third in three. Hershey's not as strong as usual this year, but this is still more of a schedule loss than anything.

Also Tedenby's mostly been playing on the third line in Albany so far. Unfortunately the AHL doesn't track ice time, at least not on their website, so we don't really know how much he's playing per game. But I will say, having seen him this past Saturday, he seems like he needs some work. It's the same issue he had in the NHL: he needs to make better decisions. Sometimes he makes the safe play when he has space to be creative, and sometimes he tries to be creative when he really just needs to get the puck deep and guard against the counterattack. If he can clean that up, he'll be much more effective.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Kinkaid's playing his second game in two days and the team's playing their third in three. Hershey's not as strong as usual this year, but this is still more of a schedule loss than anything.

Also Tedenby's mostly been playing on the third line in Albany so far. Unfortunately the AHL doesn't track ice time, at least not on their website, so we don't really know how much he's playing per game. But I will say, having seen him this past Saturday, he seems like he needs some work. It's the same issue he had in the NHL: he needs to make better decisions. Sometimes he makes the safe play when he has space to be creative, and sometimes he tries to be creative when he really just needs to get the puck deep and guard against the counterattack. If he can clean that up, he'll be much more effective.

I mean the whole team must be tired they played Friday as well I think?

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
They played in Manchester, NH last night and in AC today. That's a LOT of travel and little sleep

Cougar Saucy

Dec 2, 2013
They played in Manchester, NH last night and in AC today. That's a LOT of travel and little sleep

They played in Springfield on Friday, in Albany against Manchester on Saturday and then against Hershey in AC on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad