Alan Wake 2 - October 27th 2023

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Anyone else really hyped for this game? Alan Wake is an old favourite of mine and this looks like everything I could have asked for in a sequel. They went in a more horror direction clearly inspired by Resident Evil 2 (2019) which is a very good thing to me. The graphics are also looking incredible, especially with the path tracing mode and DLSS 3.5. Should be a GOTY contender.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Too scary for me.

The damn dogs jumping through the windows in the first RE game ruined it for me forever.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
This is one of the only "big name" games of the year that I think should actually live up to expectations.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm intrigued although I am kind of a wuss and never played the first one. I'm currently playing Control and enjoying it, so I have my eye on this for sure.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I played like 15min of the first 1 a while ago and it didn't really grab me right away. I played through the first chapter this week after seeing this thread. Still not completely convinced, but it's enough to keep going.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Predictably the game is looking pretty heavy on the GPU.

The game requiring a 3070 and 3700x to hit 1080p 60 FPS while using DLSS performance mode has me questioning how the game will run on consoles, especially the 60 FPS mode that was recently confirmed

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

Reviews are looking promising, 89 on Metacritic right now.
Daniel Owen also found that it runs better than the system requirements suggest, especially on the 3070, which manages 60fps at native 1080p on medium settings when it was suggested that performance mode (540p) would be necessary to achieve that. He also tested your 4090 and several other Nvidia and AMD cards. It's still a highly demanding game, just not as absurdly so as led to believe. I wonder if this was the plan, to change the release narrative from how badly it runs on a lot of hardware to how it runs better than expected.
Nvidia cards:

AMD cards:

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I've got it downloaded and ready to go agter this wild game. It was sad hearing all the negative reviews here for the OG Alan Wake. I loved that game back in its day. I understand how the gameplay probably doesn't hold up nowadays, but man i loved that story (twin peaks is one of my favs) and game overall when it was first released (it and gears of war are the only reasons ive ever owned an xbox). Excited the sequel is rated so well

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I've got it downloaded and ready to go agter this wild game. It was sad hearing all the negative reviews here for the OG Alan Wake. I loved that game back in its day. I understand how the gameplay probably doesn't hold up nowadays, but man i loved that story (twin peaks is one of my favs) and game overall when it was first released (it and gears of war are the only reasons ive ever owned an xbox). Excited the sequel is rated so well
Yeah, Alan Wake is my favorite game ever. The negative reviews were rough.

I’m not a huge survival horror fan, so that is turning me off a bit, but I’ve waited years for a sequel, so I have to play this.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad