Confirmed with Link: Al Trautwig contract not renewed with MSG Network

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Not trying to be rude but he looked bad the last time he was on TV. So there was something going on

Not sure I buy the “they never gave me a reason” thing. It’s possible but I have a feeling he may not have liked the reason lol

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

My guess is either dry mouth by prescription abuse such as adderall which can give you awful dry mouth or a mouth/teeth issue causing this which is probably wrong as you notice he’s leaning to one side. Most likely booze. I have ran into Al a few times at the little liquor store right down the block from the garden but he was always in a rush and never looked friendly enough to chat with.

It's definitely drugs or alcohol or both as I mentioned yesterday. What I'm wondering is why his teeth look all rotted away? I remember vividly watching him during this game live and saying to my brother what happened to Al's teeth...they look totally messed up. Anyone know how or why teeth would look rotted away like that? Never saw anything like it.

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
He wasn't my favorite, but I feel bad for the guy. Not fun having a substance abuse issue if that's indeed what's wrong. I hope he gets the help he needs.

I figured it was because he seemed to hate Vali and there was workplace friction. (Before seeing that video posted above)

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
It's definitely drugs or alcohol or both as I mentioned yesterday. What I'm wondering is why his teeth look all rotted away? I remember vividly watching him during this game live and saying to my brother what happened to Al's teeth...they look totally messed up. Anyone know how or why teeth would look rotted away like that? Never saw anything like it.
Meth could do that. I hope that's not the case.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Meth screws up your skin from all the picking though. That video definitely looks like a upper coupled with alcohol but he may also be experiencing withdrawals there too. DT's make you shake like crazy. We'll never know.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

My guess is either dry mouth by prescription abuse such as adderall which can give you awful dry mouth or a mouth/teeth issue causing this which is probably wrong as you notice he’s leaning to one side. Most likely booze. I have ran into Al a few times at the little liquor store right down the block from the garden but he was always in a rush and never looked friendly enough to chat with.

I cant believe they put him on the air in that condition. Someone else may have lost their job that night for allowing him on air.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He's not terrible but kind of vanilla. He's not a good announcer though.

better than From the side Crispino. the only that called Brashear and Shanny fight. I wonder what ever happened to him

i don't think he works for MSG anymore. he wasn't bad, he was just always behind the play at least whenever I heard him call hockey games.

Reactions: Cmox

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
this is why people should just smoke weed. it makes me laugh, not only during the game meaning besides the product on the ice, but it also makes me laugh that people will spend the amount of money that they are asking for those tickets :naughty::laugh::help:

The first fans allowed game back they showed a dad and like 4 kids. All I could think about was how much pops payed. At least it was a good game...

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
better than From the side Crispino. the only that called Brashear and Shanny fight. I wonder what ever happened to him

i don't think he works for MSG anymore. he wasn't bad, he was just always behind the play at least whenever I heard him call hockey games.

He works as a Uconn Basketball and football announcer now. That's a pretty cushy job.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
The first fans allowed game back they showed a dad and like 4 kids. All I could thinks about was how much pops payed. At least it was a good game...

watch someone from corporate gave them tickets to thank them for their recent client work. either way, it is way too much money to spend on tickets :sarcasm:

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
He works as a Uconn Basketball and football announcer now. That's a pretty cushy job.

good for him. he deserves it. he was not my favorite but always respected him. seems like a good guy. just never cared for him calling games. it just felt odd listening to him for some reason.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

holy f*** that is not OK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad