Confirmed with Link: Al Trautwig contract not renewed with MSG Network

Apr 10, 2012
Did we ever find out what caused the leave of absence? I know he was slurring. Really stinks, always like Trautwig a lot.
nope and we probably won't. could be substances or personal medical or the deal he made with the devil that made his interviews lead directly to goals. hopefully his life goes well going forward

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
He was a weirdo, but he was our weirdo. Definitely feel like he could have gotten a bit more of a send off, given his long tenure with the organization. Makes me wonder if there’s some other side to this...

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Something very nefarious happened with Al. No way in hell he doesn't get a proper send off had it just been a medical issue.

It had to be abuse of drugs or alcohol and the suits at MSG had warned him about it and he kept screwing up...something along those lines. Its a shame cause Al was a good soldier and one of the better interviewers in the business. He'll be missed.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York

My guess is either dry mouth by prescription abuse such as adderall which can give you awful dry mouth or a mouth/teeth issue causing this which is probably wrong as you notice he’s leaning to one side. Most likely booze. I have ran into Al a few times at the little liquor store right down the block from the garden but he was always in a rush and never looked friendly enough to chat with.

Reactions: egelband

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

My guess is either dry mouth by prescription abuse such as adderall which can give you awful dry mouth or a mouth/teeth issue causing this which is probably wrong as you notice he’s leaning to one side. Most likely booze. I have ran into Al a few times at the little liquor store right down the block from the garden but he was always in a rush and never looked friendly enough to chat with.

Jeez that video is sad to see, I hope he gets the help he needs

May 29, 2015
Hamburg

Good lord, I completely missed this. Given the hate he sometimes got here, I never wondered why he was gone. Makes me sad to see this and I hope he gets better, whatever this is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad