Injury Report: Aho, Jarvis, Cole, Svech, Staal, and Lorentz (COVID-19)

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The NBA is looking at shortening their 10 day policy based on the data set they have, which is pretty massive. They track viral load and everything. Two consecutive days of negative tests should probably be sufficient at this point.

The NBA has a unique place in society where if they start to change to more common sense restrictions, the country and popular opinion may follow suit.

The NHL could’ve come out first and said that they were implementing the exact same procedures as the NBA is hinting at, and public perception would’ve largely been “well, just another case of a bunch of rich white owners and conservative players not taking this virus seriously in order to ensure the revenue doesn’t stop.” The NBA has built a level of trust that wins them some benefit of the doubt here, and that could be important for the greater public at large, because even if those “looser” protocols are the right call at this point, anyone suggesting them risks a strong backlash.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
In Elliote Friedmans blog he mentioned the main thing keeping the NHL from following the NBA is Canada. Apparently Canada would not be okay with 2 days of negative tests?

Reactions: DaveG

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I am curious if they use “only” regular PCR or if they test the viral nucleotid, which is the new big deal in testing.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
My bet is that the break gets extended to ride this mess out, now that they're getting the Olympic break back.
I’m betting against your idea. Too many venues that the clubs share are already booked with other events. It’s not going to be easy for some clubs to just take those dates. I bet they play as much as they can and bring back the taxi squads to help with that.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
At this point with a week between games, I almost want the Canes to have a chicken pox style give-all-your-babies-the-illness-now party. Now Slavin, you get coughed on by Smith. OK Trocheck, it's your turn. It sucks but it's the best time of year to get it out of the way since the guys will only miss 2-3 games.

MisterEd89

Jan 12, 2018
Section 324
With Fast in protocol here is the running list. Good thing is, we get the majority back as soon as the holiday break is over.
PlayerEnter ProtocolExit Protocol
Sebastian AhoDec 13Dec 23
Seth JarvisDec 13Dec 23
Ian ColeDec 14Dec 24
Steven LorentzDec 14Dec 24
Jordan StaalDec 14Dec 24
Andrei SvechnikovDec 14Dec 24
Stefan NoesenDec 19Dec 29
Brendan SmithDec 20Dec 30
Frederik AndersenDec 22Jan 1
Jesper FastDec 23Jan 2
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
With Fast in protocol here is the running list. Good thing is, we get the majority back as soon as the holiday break is over.
PlayerEnter ProtocolExit Protocol
Sebastian AhoDec 13Dec 23
Seth JarvisDec 13Dec 23
Ian ColeDec 14Dec 24
Steven LorentzDec 14Dec 24
Jordan StaalDec 14Dec 24
Andrei SvechnikovDec 14Dec 24
Stefan NoesenDec 19Dec 29
Brendan SmithDec 20Dec 30
Frederik AndersenDec 22Jan 1
Jesper FastDec 23Jan 2
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Team practiced this week? If so, everyone who hadn't caught it is vulnerable. I suspect we will see others trickle in.

I wonder if the NHL will change their approach and more closely mirror NFL & now probably NBA either cutting back the time period or letting asyms play?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Supposed to take my kid to this one, and was part of her Christmas gift

elliot-scrubs.gif

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Any chance Andersen is playing 1. Of January?

He's eligible to return for that game so yes there's a chance. Guess it depends on his conditioning/if he had any symptoms (I don't think any of our guys had symptoms per Rod but he may have said that before Freddie went on the list. Unlikely he had any based on the trends we've been seeing but no confirmation).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad