Injury Report: Aho, Jarvis, Cole, Svech, Staal, and Lorentz (COVID-19)

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Well there is good news in this.. He can't play for a while..

Noesen & Smith are positive so..... who is next?

It sure looks like it's going to run the gamut throughout the team. I saw a study today that suggests if you have been at least double vaxxd & then you get Omnicron Covid you will have "super immunity".

Maybe the team should have a chicken pox like Covid party (maybe only older folks would get this) so that we'll be good to go for the balance of the season.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Sure whatever. That was pathetic defense however you want to slice it.
Every guy on our team gets dangled. Even Slavin and Pesce. Smith is an insurance 7th defenseman everyone knows has slow feet - thats why he was cheap. It's what happens when we become a cap team and need cheap help for defensive depth.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Every guy on our team gets dangled. Even Slavin and Pesce. Smith is an insurance 7th defenseman everyone knows has slow feet - thats why he was cheap. It's what happens when we become a cap team and need cheap help for defensive depth.
Exactly this. I like Keane, Lajoie, and Sellgren as much as anyone but having Smith in the box in Raleigh means more ice time for them in Chicago. And regardless of what he's proven so far this season, if we had gone into the year with Chatfield as our #7 this fanbase would have shit a literal chicken.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Every guy on our team gets dangled. Even Slavin and Pesce.
Pretty sure I know that, where have I ever argued otherwise? Even defensemen with the defensive highlights like those two can and will have several gaffes over the course of a season for sure.
Smith is an insurance 7th defenseman everyone knows has slow feet - thats why he was cheap. It's what happens when we become a cap team and need cheap help for defensive depth.
I don't disagree.

I am just glad his slow skating (or whatever you want to call it) happened in a blowout win during the regular season, hopefully in a tight game in a game that matters he'll try to play it differently.

Also my original comment was mostly a joke. When people posted about waiving and replacing him for Chatfield, I advocated for keeping Smith if not both. I like guy, he seems to be a great teammate.

Last edited:

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC

I don't disagree at all. Of course everyone gets walked. I just think it's OK to call out Brendan Smith who gets walked more than anybody on the team it seems like. It seems like Chatfield may be a better 7D, but sample sizes and all. If we get fully healthy, and we make an upgrade for D, it'd be interesting to see who sat.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I don't disagree at all. Of course everyone gets walked. I just think it's OK to call out Brendan Smith who gets walked more than anybody on the team it seems like. It seems like Chatfield may be a better 7D, but sample sizes and all. If we get fully healthy, and we make an upgrade for D, it'd be interesting to see who sat.
I agree actually. I’d rather see Chatfield too, I think he’s been a great pickup so far. Smith just is what he is, I was just defending his honor a little bit, it’s just not an effort issue. He’s not long for the league. I could see Rod preferring Smith over Chatfield due to experience and that toughness Rod loves. I’d play Chatfield.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I agree actually. I’d rather see Chatfield too, I think he’s been a great pickup so far. Smith just is what he is, I was just defending his honor a little bit, it’s just not an effort issue. He’s not long for the league. I could see Rod preferring Smith over Chatfield due to experience and that toughness Rod loves. I’d play Chatfield.

Every time I see Smith play, I think "OK if he looks like this on a one year, $0.8M deal, imagine how Rangers fans felt on his 4 year, $4.35M deal?" :eek:

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Exactly this. I like Keane, Lajoie, and Sellgren as much as anyone but having Smith in the box in Raleigh means more ice time for them in Chicago. And regardless of what he's proven so far this season, if we had gone into the year with Chatfield as our #7 this fanbase would have shit a literal chicken.
It’s Bo’ Time!

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
The eight in COVID-19 Protocol at this time and their date of entering are as follows:
• Sebastian Aho - December 13
Seth Jarvis - December 13
Ian Cole - December 14
• Steven Lorentz - December 14
• Jordan Staal - December 14
Andrei Svechnikov - December 14
• Stefan Noesen - December 19
• Brendan Smith - December 20

Excluding Noesen and Smith, the first six listed skaters from the group would all first be eligible to return for the team's game against Florida, again, that is presently scheduled for one week from today. However, as we saw with Ethan Bear and his return from the protocol list, this does not ensure that they all will be back in the lineup that night. Noesen will be out of action until at least December 29 and Smith until December 30.

Update on NHL.com

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
My understanding is that the current policy requires the 10 days regardless of negative tests. Which is ridiculous.
The NBA is looking at shortening their 10 day policy based on the data set they have, which is pretty massive. They track viral load and everything. Two consecutive days of negative tests should probably be sufficient at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad