Confirmed with Link: Agnew, Hirsch Fired

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Miller:
A lot of that is okay style vs his defense. Miller is not a great fit for the Blues due to him being aggressive. The Blues' collapse-down system basically asks the goalie to play deeper in the net and stop the first shot (typically from the circles back or a weaker shot from closer in) with the defense sweeping the puck away to a lower percentage shot area and/or clearing the puck.

Miller's more aggressive style does not mix with that, just as Quick's would not. Or Price.
The Blues have 4 possibilities:
1) Don't re-sign Miller
2) Re-sign Miller and change the Blues' style of defense (it doesn't work all that well against elite teams anyway)
3) Re-sign Miller and try to change his style of playing (this would have the expected chance of happening)
4) Re-sign Miller and hope that both sides can come to some sort of hybrid that works better. (See #3)

Number 1 or 2 needs to happen. 3 and 4 would just get the Blues more of what they have had these past 20 games.

Thus, I expect the Blues to do one of the latter two.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
RE: Muller

Muller would basically have to take Brad Shaw's job and I doubt that happens. For certain Muller would have to deal with a variety of slaps to the head, eye-pokes and sundry other vaudeville-esque abuses before Shaw would give that job up.
Honestly Muller seems to be good enough at the coaching bit, but throwing him in to a specialization (in particular powerplay) isn't a good plan.

The only way I would want Muller here would be if the Blues also sign Miller and Peter Mueller. Mostly for unintentional comedic value thanks to Bernie.

dxgoalie

Feb 9, 2011
I would literally piss myself with excitement if we landed Korn. But there's less than a zero percent chance that Korn leaves Nashville. They'd be crazy to let him go.

Korn was fired when Trotz was, both were offered other positions within the organization. I have not heard if either has accepted the offered non-coaching positions. As far as goal tending coaches Korn should be the guy we the tires on first. I doubt he leaves Trotz's side but it is worth a conversation to one of the best goalie coaches in the league (especially with Allen coming up next year).

Also I could very well be incorrect on this but wasn't Hirsch Jaro and Els pick for goalie coach? I want to say that I remember hearing that management got together with them and got input from them as to who they would like. If I am correct I would make sense that we let him go since half, if not more would not be with the team.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Korn was fired when Trotz was, both were offered other positions within the organization. I have not heard if either has accepted the offered non-coaching positions. As far as goal tending coaches Korn should be the guy we the tires on first. I doubt he leaves Trotz's side but it is worth a conversation to one of the best goalie coaches in the league (especially with Allen coming up next year).

Also I could very well be incorrect on this but wasn't Hirsch Jaro and Els pick for goalie coach? I want to say that I remember hearing that management got together with them and got input from them as to who they would like. If I am correct I would make sense that we let him go since half, if not more would not be with the team.

They let Korn go too? Man that's pretty dumb. I'd kill to have Korn here. I went to his camps when I was still in high school. The man is a freaking genius. Seriously he'd be an awesome pickup. But I imagine he'll end up going in a package deal with Trotz. They are pretty close from what I remember Mitch saying.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
They let Korn go too? Man that's pretty dumb. I'd kill to have Korn here. I went to his camps when I was still in high school. The man is a freaking genius. Seriously he'd be an awesome pickup. But I imagine he'll end up going in a package deal with Trotz. They are pretty close from what I remember Mitch saying.

Yeah that would be nice to get Korn as the Goalie coach, he's pretty good.

Jeremy Rutherford also thinks it will be Muller hired as a Assistant Coach, no mention if he will run the PP however.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
NHL is weird. In the Soviet hockey it was the head coach who ran everything. And it worked... To me head coach is responsible for everything. If something doesn't work, it's his fault not some secondery guy's.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
What was Muller's primary role when he was an Assistant Coach for the Habs? I know he was very highly thought of back in the late 2000's when Montreal had those good teams under Carbonneau and Martin.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I really don't know what to make of our coaching system from before and what it will be. It was a well oiled juggernaut in the first half of the season. The second half just seemed to stagnate. I find it hard to believe it's a communication issue, and bringing in a guy that had a failed team seems to be an obvious WTF....

We need a PP coach and it's hard to understand why anyone but Oates is on our radar. That PP was so predictable but it just worked. Either OVI scores off the one timer or the other 4 score off the cycle on the other side.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I really don't know what to make of our coaching system from before and what it will be. It was a well oiled juggernaut in the first half of the season. The second half just seemed to stagnate. I find it hard to believe it's a communication issue, and bringing in a guy that had a failed team seems to be an obvious WTF....

We need a PP coach and it's hard to understand why anyone but Oates is on our radar. That PP was so predictable but it just worked. Either OVI scores off the one timer or the other 4 score off the cycle on the other side.

It is very boring, predictable hockey. Until you replace the coach, we will continue on this road of non adjustment and textbook Hitch 3rd line hockey. Hopefully, he is removed sooner than later before he Keenanizes the entire roster with Creightons, Noonans, and Matteaus.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It is very boring, predictable hockey. Until you replace the coach, we will continue on this road of non adjustment and textbook Hitch 3rd line hockey. Hopefully, he is removed sooner than later before he Keenanizes the entire roster with Creightons, Noonans, and Matteaus.
I would hope this has been discussed with him since he will be here again. This has been a unanimous observation by the fan base. It can't be that damn hard to make adjustments, the top teams clowned us this year.

Just kidding....I already know what's going to happen. Next year lol :(

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Some experts think Babcock won't be the Wings coach after next season. Give him a blank check if Hitch fails.

LUF

Mar 24, 2007
Don't underestimate Muller as a PP coach. He did it in Montreal and he was quite successful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad