Confirmed with Link: Agnew, Hirsch Fired

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Miller was bad about over committing when he first got here and looked silly on backdoor plays

10-1-1 in his first 12 games with the Blues.

But let me guess, it had nothing to do with Miller where as the last 6 L's in the regular season and getting bounced in round 1 was mostly his fault right?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

But let me guess, it had nothing to do with Miller where as the last 6 L's in the regular season and getting bounced in round 1 was mostly his fault right?

Did you not watch him?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Easy chief, I'm one for keeping miller. Our whole team collapsed at the end. The Oduya goal in game one and toews goal in game 3 were the only ones that I shook my head over.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The extension is for the 2015 - 16 season precisely so Hitchcock isn't a lame duck next season.

The extension was a mutual option for next season only.

He was still technically a lame-duck coach this season because if we didn't want him back, he would've have been back and we didn't have to fire him.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
It wouldn't be a waste if we got him for two years at 4 million per. That's basically Halak money for a slightly better version. That's something I'd be ok with. It wouldn't block Allen and force us to make a decision between trading an aging vet or trading the up and comer. For all the pissing and moaning I've done about Miller, he's still a solid goalie.

No you're right, he's still and okay goalie, but he's gonna want at least 4 years or more and over 6 per, and he's just not worth that kind of deal (by a long shot.) Problem is, my confidence in Army is at a all-time low right now, and I can totally see him being stupid enough to handcuff the teams budget for that kind of money and years. Honestly I just don't think Miller is a good option for the Blues defensive scheme. He just not good at facing low shot totals, and tha.t is what the Blues D gives up.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
To say that goalies aren't good with low shot totals doesn't really make much sense IMO. Sure, it obviously took time for Miller to adjust to less work, but that really shouldn't cause him to be a worse goalie. He's in the NHL, and he's a vet, he should be better with less shots. I mean he adjusted pretty fast after getting here, another reason why I think it's faulty to blame the low shots against.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If the low shot total was absolute, wouldn't they give up more goals in the 2nd and 3rd? Usually where we were stronger.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
To say that goalies aren't good with low shot totals doesn't really make much sense IMO. Sure, it obviously took time for Miller to adjust to less work, but that really shouldn't cause him to be a worse goalie. He's in the NHL, and he's a vet, he should be better with less shots. I mean he adjusted pretty fast after getting here, another reason why I think it's faulty to blame the low shots against.

It's been well documented that his save percentage when facing less than 25 shots a night is absolutely putrid. Like worse than the typical drop off. P9s went into this in detail.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Miller was bad about over committing when he first got here and looked silly on backdoor plays

This! I made numerous comments about his staying in one spot to long, and never being in the right spot for rebounds. I even had a discussion with bleedblue247 about why Miller always seemed like he was out of position, and not able to even make a attempt on covering the backdoor, after a rebound. He was doing that from the very beginning, even against Tampa and Phoenix.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
This! I made numerous comments about his staying in one spot to long, and never being in the right spot for rebounds. I even had a discussion with bleedblue247 about why Miller always seemed like he was out of position, and not able to even make a attempt on covering the backdoor, after a rebound. He was doing that from the very beginning, even against Tampa and Phoenix.
This is where the D come into play imo. If miller is going to take the shooter then they have to eliminate the pass or person, and well our D is garbage at that. A few games come to mind when miller started playing deeper and net and was getting smoked by the shooter.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
This is where the D come into play imo. If miller is going to take the shooter then they have to eliminate the pass or person, and well our D is garbage at that. A few games come to mind when miller started playing deeper and net and was getting smoked by the shooter.

That plays into it, but it's still on Miller not to flop like a fish. Seriously people complained about Halak flopping, but Miller was a lot worse.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That plays into it, but it's still on Miller not to flop like a fish. Seriously people complained about Halak flopping, but Miller was a lot worse.
I didn't think he looked all THAT bad...lol.

At this point all I can recall with clarity is games 1-5 against chicago.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Miller's numbers are probably better with higher shot totals because the shot quality doesn't necessarily increase with more shots.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Tweet from Steve Simmons: Expect the Blues to bring in Kirk Muller as an assistant coach and expect the Hurricanes to name Kevin Dineen as their new head coach.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I'm just gonna say what everybody else is thinking: can Muller run a PP?

Well Carolina had a PP of 14.6% that ranks 28th of 30 teams. This with Eric and Jordan Staal, Semin, Skinner, Justin Faulk and Sekera.

I would hope we don't allow him anywhere near the PP.

I think Muller is a good coach however, I think he could fill the Scott Mellanby type role here.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I'm just gonna say what everybody else is thinking: can Muller run a PP?

Abso****inglutely not. Some of his line combinations and matchups he sent out we're highly questionable but I would imagine he won't be in that position if he joins your coaching staff.

I think he can be a good head coach down the line but an assistant job is probably best for him right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I just don't buy the Muller talk. Just because he has connections to Hitch, doesn't mean we'll sign him. We need a goalie coach and PP coach, Muller doesn't fill any of those. If we were to sign Muller, another coach on our staff would've been let go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad