After Tonight's Game It Hit Me

chesed

Apr 5, 2011
SoCal
From the NHL Twitter:

The @LAKings held their opponent scoreless through the first period for the 17th straight game last night, a new NHL record.

Pretty awesome.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'll just keep re-emphasizing that this is the organization/team most of us have waited a lifetime for.

100% behind this. We are a powerhouse and it's so enjoyable.

Most team would kill for either Kopitar or Richards.

The size on the wings is awesome. Brown, King, Nolan, Clifford, are all big and can play and home grown.

We are deep at goal even after trading Bernier with Scrivens and Jones.

Our D is mobile and big. Each skilled guy is paired with a tough, stay at home D man (except the combo of Muzzin and Doughty), but they both play physical and can move the puck.

The last 2-3 seasons the team that Lombardi envisioned has finally come to fruition. They play like a Lombardi inspired and Flyers influenced team, big and fast BUT also emphasize D that TM and Sutter emphasize.

What do you mean? Muzzin IS paired with a tough, sta...oh. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, Muzzin has just made that pairing so dynamic. Look at how much more time and space Doughty has, and if he doesn't, then Muzzin has an open lane. Happened a few times last night. The true test for that pairing will be vs. Chicago--so far, when Doughty and Muzzin are on the ice, they 'defend' by mostly having the puck (advanced stats nerds? back me up?). I'm curious to see what happens when the other team has it more, as I think the biggest thing Muzzin has to iron out is positional awareness and agility to catch up to, say, Kane dancing around.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
From the NHL Twitter:

The @LAKings held their opponent scoreless through the first period for the 17th straight game last night, a new NHL record.

Pretty awesome.

I just realized -- that corresponds to the amazing 12-1-4 run I was just thinking about making a post about.

12-1-4. Just let that sink in. Points-wise, that's like 14-3... and that's an amazing record in the NFL, much less THIS league.

I'm assuming nothing, it could all fall apart in Ottawa, but yes, it's really nice to be here right now.

Captain Mittens*

we-shall-overcome.jpg

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
great thread - so much negativity around here, even after wins, so this is nice to see. This is territory we have never seen with this franchise.

Two things the negatoids need to remember:

1. Sometimes a team can play well and still lose. The other team can play even better or sometimes the breaks just go against you.

2. Even the best teams have off nights. Just because your team plays poorly on occasion, doesn't mean the sky is falling and we should trade the entire bottom 6.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Many of us have waited a long time for this team to finally reach its potential, and it all started with the hiring of Darryl Sutter. It took a while both last season and this season for the team to find its stride, but once they cleaned up their play in the defensive zone, they started to find some consistency and are playing like a team that should not only contend for a division title but also look to be considered favorites to reach the Conference Finals.

It's kind of remarkable to see this team being considered among the best in the NHL. The last time the Kings were taken this seriously was in the early 90s.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Many of us have waited a long time for this team to finally reach its potential, and it all started with the hiring of Darryl Sutter. It took a while both last season and this season for the team to find its stride, but once they cleaned up their play in the defensive zone, they started to find some consistency and are playing like a team that should not only contend for a division title but also look to be considered favorites to reach the Conference Finals.

It's kind of remarkable to see this team being considered among the best in the NHL. The last time the Kings were taken this seriously was in the early 90s.

Amazing we picked him up from the farm fields. Credit also to DL for building a team suited to Sutter (he mentioned once that Sutter was the coach he would want if he could pick any).

Muzzfan

Mar 10, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
I'm watching the Wings and Pens now and Zatkoff is in net. He is also playing well.

He was part of our system too The depth is just amazing.

I remember the days where Pavel Rosa was going to come and save our whole team from despair!

Enjoying this while it lasts :)

Go Kings Go! Beat the Hawks!

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
King, Nolan, Carcillo, Stoll, and Toffoli stepping up/being added to the lineup has completely changed the team. Pretty insane when even our bench is a decent 4th line (Vey, Fraser, Frattin).

Is it outlandish to think that this current 3 scoring line combination may be better than post-carter 2012? i can't remember us ever footing such a strong lineup with this depth

Captain Chaos

vilLAin
Sep 8, 2005
In the vapor
It's a great feeling! For years when I would wear my Kings gear it was pretty rare that someone would say anything, not that I wore my stuff to be noticed or complimented or anything. But now if I am in a Kings shirt or hat it is rare if I don't get a nod or a comment, even from fans of other teams. Just last night I was in my favorite pub having a few pints with some pals and a guy standing next to me says "That Jones looks great!" It took me a second to remember I was wearing a Kings shirt and he was taking about the Kings ( I was in a British pub and it usually full of ex-pats who talk soccer). We had nice chat about how good the Kings are.

Man is it good to be a Kings fan!

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Looks like Chicago has been caught looking ahead to tomorrow's game. Yep, Kings are definitely a powerhouse.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
It's been great to watch this team play the last few years. We finally are at a point where we are competing every night. We may not win every game, but we have a chance every game.

Great feeling. Can't wait for an Anaheim LA series. Can't wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: