Advanced Wrestling Stats Thread

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's here it's happening. Let's indeed make ourselves famous again by being pioneers of the wrestling industry. If anything let's have fun with this.

Well I figure we have to start with basics of what metrics we will use. I vote in favor of the following

RECORD

Clean wins
Clean losses
Dirty wins
Dirty losses
Wins via DQ
Losses via DQ
Wins via submission
Losses via submission
Losses by knockout
Draw (i.e countout or match not even starting)

ADVANCED WRESTLING METRICS

OKAF% = opponent kickout after finisher: the percentage in which an opponent kickouts after a wrestler performs a finisher

KAF% = kickout after finisher: the percentage in which a wrestler kicks out of an opponent's finisher

FP = Finishers performed

TIS = Time in submission: the time a wrestler spends being subjected to a submission maneuver

OTIS= Opponent time in submission: Time a wrestler spends subjecting his opponent to a submission maneuver

TK = Total kickouts: how many times a wrestler kicks out in any given situation

TKBO = Total kickouts by opponent: how many times an opponent kicks out in any given situation

TWOJTWS = Total Walls of Jericho Taken Without Submitting

Botches = botches obviously

MNOR/60 = Minutes napping outside ring/60 minutes

GF= Gas factor: obtained by taking the minutes of rest holds divided by match time

HL/60 = headlocks per 60 minutes

TOTAL ODDS OVERCOME

OIF = outside interference faced

THM = total handicap matches

DF% = Distracted referee percentage: time spent with a distracted referee that didn't know what the hell he was doing

TDBS = Times Demasculated/Defemulated By Stephanie

TTB = total times buried

TBO= times burying opponent

CSR (chairshot ratio) = Chairshots Given divided by Chairshot Received

EVEN MORE ADVANCED METRICS

WOJTWS/J = Walls of Jericho Taken Without Submitting per Jericho match ratio

KARPN = Kurt Angle returns per night

SDQQ= Shucky ducky quack quack: DAAAYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMMM Lana, Charlotte, Alexa, Maryse etc

SPM= Splooshes per minute: DAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMMMM Balor, Neville etc

M/60 = Maggles per 60 minutes

SHPE= Sasha's hairline per episode

SUBS/60 = Shut up Byron Saxton's per 60 minutes

RKOON!/60 = RKO outta nowhere per 60 minutes

TYJMTL!= Times you just made the list!

TBUJC = Times beat up John Cena

TBUBJUC = Times beat up by John Cena

SIUYCA/60 = stick it up your candy ass per 60

BEER/60 = beers per 60 minutes

THRWOY = Times Hulkamania ran wild on you!

THDRWOY= Times Hulkamania didn't run wild on you

YCSM/60= You can't see me per 60 minutes

Excuseme/60= The number of EXCUSE ME'S by Vickie Guerrero per 60 minutes

RIP/60= Rest in peace per 60 minutes

RIP= total times rested in peace by Undertaker

MURIP= Made Undertaker rest in peace

Suckit/60= total number of suck it's per 60 minutes
UPDATED!!

PS- If any of you WWE message board moles who monitor smarks are looking at this I've got two words for ya... "SUCK IT!"

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You're also free to refute any of my measurements. If something like total finishers or time spent in submission is a needless state say so because there is a LOT of stuff here.

Conversely if you wanted to add a stat of your own feel free to share it because we may want to use it

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
What can advanced tell us about in a scripted sport?

Unless we're tracking it based on who's writing the angle its pretty meaningless.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB

Unless we're tracking it based on who's writing the angle its pretty meaningless.

F636xiP.gif

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Personally I'm doing this for no other reason than to mock both WWE and stats junkies who think metric is the end all be all. I don't give a **** what Alexander Ovechkin's +/- or corsi is..... I think he's a generational player because he scores 50 goals a year

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I work in the analytics department here at my university, so I enjoy stats and realize their limitations. I just thought this would be funny. There's no way I can watch for a full 3 hours and track everything and not want to kill myself, but I might track a Roman Reigns match if he's involved tonight!

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Actually, if you want to get serious. You could track a number of these items listed, and compare the "stats" to how guys like Meltzer rank matches and see if you find any cool data? Maybe there is an actual trend that makes a match seem better than another?

I would add # of rest holds delivered and # of rest holds received and the TORH (Time of Rest Hold).

edit: Another one, botches!

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

Yo everyone would be a + in that category.

Anyways this is silly. Advanced wrestling stats are a myth perpetuated by geeks whose clearly never stepped into the ring before. Use your eyes, god. AWS don't tell the whole picture and need to be used in conjunction with the eye test - too many of you abuse it.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I feel like that list is too finisher focused. We need a way to track the setup stuff.

You need to wear down your opponent to deliver an effective finisher, how can we measure that?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So we've now added

TOTAL ODDS OVERCOME

DF% = Distracted referee percentage: time spent with a distracted referee that didn't know what the hell he was doing

We need more guys. The BIG DOG deals more with this in one match than we've done all day.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I feel like that list is too finisher focused. We need a way to track the setup stuff.

You need to wear down your opponent to deliver an effective finisher, how can we measure that?

Well I must admit I made this so we can keep track of Roman so we know exactly what we are *****ing about. However you make a good proposition. The OTIS and TIS were meant to kind of convey that even though the submission is not conducive to what body part

How about we track the number of suplexes and make a AOSPM (average of suplexes per match) stat for Lesnar?

How about the number of punches?

How about times going up on the top rope?

And how about we keep a stat of "times worked a body part" but not so corny like when a heel targets a hand or knee?

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
So we've now added

TOTAL ODDS OVERCOME

We need more guys. The BIG DOG deals more with this in one match than we've done all day.

I think we have to go more in-depth with TWOJTWS. There will be significant discreptancy there based on times faced Jericho. I suggest WOJTWS/J (Walls of Jericho Taken Without Submitting per Jericho match) ratio for better results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad