GDT: ADSF Game 3: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings| 7:30 PM Tuesday| NBCSN | FSD | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Are people for real about Nyquist and Tatar right now? Do people not remember how mediocre Hank and Dats were in their first few playoff experiences? Hell, Datsyuk was lambasted as a playoff ghost for a while there, even after a handful of years as a solid regular season guy.

Nyquist and Tatar are unfortunately at that stage where they were successful enough in the regular season that they're targets for tighter checking but without the playoff experience to combat that. This is part of the reason why I don't like Nyquist and Tatar on the same line. Having Jurco in Nyquists spot would likely decrease the attention that line gets and yet it wouldn't be a loss in terms if effectiveness because those guys have such great chemistry.

No one is calling them busts.

We're just pointing out that they need to step up if we want to win this series. Datsyuk can't do it alone, Z and Ericsson are injured. Miller, Glendening, Abby, Legwand, aren't offensive weapons. It's down to a few of the kids and Alfie and Franzen. We need goals to win, and Nyquist and Tatar are a couple of the key offensive players who need to get going.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Also regarding Nyquist and Tatar and all the other youngsters: This is just another reason why it was so important for them to make the playoffs this season. This experience, good and bad, is all a learning and developing process.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
No one is calling them busts.

We're just pointing out that they need to step up if we want to win this series. Datsyuk can't do it alone, Z and Ericsson are injured. Miller, Glendening, Abby, Legwand, aren't offensive weapons. It's down to a few of the kids and Alfie and Franzen. We need goals to win, and Nyquist and Tatar are a couple of the key offensive players who need to get going.

And what I'm saying is you're going to be disappointed if you think 2 small, skilled kids are going to come out of the gate flying when this is their first taste of being top 6 guys in the playoffs and facing match ups accordingly. Especially against Boston. Especially without the second change.

It's just a poor game plan right now. Just like its a poor game plan to put a career 50 point center on your 4th line wing and a poor game plan to put a career All Star on a line with a rookie playing like a grinder and a career 3rd line center with average-at-best hands.

You can't expect smallish rookies to carry the offense against a top team when 50+ point veterans like Legwand, Datstuk, Alfie, and Franzen can't even break through.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
And what I'm saying is you're going to be disappointed if you think 2 small, skilled kids are going to come out of the gate flying when this is their first taste of being top 6 guys in the playoffs and facing match ups accordingly. Especially against Boston. Especially without the second change.

It's just a poor game plan right now. Just like its a poor game plan to put a career 50 point center on your 4th line wing and a poor game plan to put a career All Star on a line with a rookie playing like a grinder and a career 3rd line center with average-at-best hands.

You can't expect smallish rookies to carry the offense against a top team when 50+ point veterans like Legwand, Datstuk, Alfie, and Franzen can't even break through.

Nobody is asking or expecting them to carry the offence, we just want them to contribute to it.

They get a bit of a pass in the first 2 games because they had some tough match-ups but now that we're at home, we need one of those 2 kids to put up some points.

It's not the end of the world if they don't and its not a reflection of how their careers will go but if they don't register any points in this series, we plain and simply aren't going to win it.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
The Jackets are up 2-0 early in the 1st.

Babcock's ridiculous, and totally inexplicable, new even strength lines, which have since their inception scored three even-strength goals in six games (unless you count Datsyuk's individual effort in that tally, in which event it becomes four), blew the Wings' chance at the 1st WC spot.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
The Jackets are up 2-0 early in the 1st.

Babcock's ridiculous, and totally inexplicable, new even strength lines, which have since their inception scored three even-strength goals in six games (unless you count Datsyuk's individual effort in that tally, in which event it becomes four), blew the Wings' chance at the 1st WC spot.

I think most of us agree

8-13-11
14-17-93
21-15-26
20-43-41

Is the way to go. Babs lines are terrible and proven failures.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
I think most of us agree

8-13-11
14-17-93
21-15-26
20-43-41

Is the way to go.

Absolutely, and every bit of available data suggests that this is the best solution. It appears the only person who doesn't get it is the very guy who makes the lineups.

I mean, seriously... these new lines have generated FOUR even-strength goals in six games. Yikes! What does it take for him to give up a failed experiment and return to what works? His stupidity yesterday was making me want to break a window. I get so infuriated at such overt stupidity in the face of overwhelming evidence for change. It's annoying when the players do poorly, but it's agonizing when they're severely handicapped by atrocious decisions from the head coach.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Its mystifying really.

2 of the 4 lines showed guaranteed production. The fourth line has capable scores, and strong grinders for PKing followed by a first line of Datsyuk and Alfreddson? Seriously, babcock needs to return to what was working.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Absolutely, and every bit of available data suggests that this is the best solution. It appears the only person who doesn't get it is the very guy who makes the lineups.

I mean, seriously... these new lines have generated FOUR even-strength goals in six games. Yikes! What does it take for him to give up a failed experiment and return to what works? His stupidity yesterday was making me want to break a window. I get so infuriated at such overt stupidity in the face of overwhelming evidence for change. It's annoying when the players do poorly, but it's agonizing when they're severely handicapped by atrocious decisions from the head coach.

It seems like babs gets some lines set in his head and no matter what cant change them. A like works for 5 games then has a bad period better change it up, a line he is set on has a bad 5 games but 1 good shift leave them together

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Seriously, you make Datsyuk the DC superhero everyone makes fun of?

You've seriously overestimated my DC Comics knowledge, and the amount of time I spend deciding who is going to be who.

I make those decisions based on how well their faces will fit any certain image. Datsyuk's head is a triangle and its difficult to put onto most of the characters.

I swapped him with Smith but now with all the changes the images don't line-up properly.

I don't think people know how much work goes into putting these together or even making small changes to them. Quote a GDT post sometime and take a look.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
I'm pretty into dc stuff in general and I think you did a pretty great job with matching up the players to characters, honestly. Harley quincey is great.

andreydali19

They're relentless
Jun 19, 2006
Liv. of Mich.
You've seriously overestimated my DC Comics knowledge, and the amount of time I spend deciding who is going to be who.

I make those decisions based on how well their faces will fit any certain image. Datsyuk's head is a triangle and its difficult to put onto most of the characters.

I swapped him with Smith but now with all the changes the images don't line-up properly.

I don't think people know how much work goes into putting these together or even making small changes to them. Quote a GDT post sometime and take a look.

EEK! My fault. Sorry.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
After uploading all 20 images on 2 different image hosts, then deleting them all and trying again with a 3rd, I've finally got them all re-uploaded and aligned properly.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

His head makes me cry whenever I attempt any photoshop jobs. Dude has the weirdest damn shaped head in the world.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
What's gonna happen when Bert or Joker are in for Jurco?

I don't see it happening. Jurco has been one of if not our best forechecker at times this series. He needs to play. He needs to play with Sheahan or Tatar though. Move Nyquist to a separate line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad