Confirmed with Link: Adin Hill traded to Vegas for 2024 4th Round Pick

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I imagine that Kähkönen doesn't pan out, that Nabokov has to go. Too many of the guys he's identified as #1 goaltenders have failed. To be fair, some of that might have been forced (did Nabokov really believe that Jones and Dubnyk could be rehabilitated, or were there just no other options and he had to say that?)

Reactions: DG93 and themelkman

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I imagine that Kähkönen doesn't pan out, that Nabokov has to go. Too many of the guys he's identified as #1 goaltenders have failed. To be fair, some of that might have been forced (did Nabokov really believe that Jones and Dubnyk could be rehabilitated, or were there just no other options and he had to say that?)
I kind of want him to go regardless, but that's mainly because I question his qualifications/added value since I view his hire as purely "helping out an ex-Shark".

I dont think the style he played has much relevance now and assume that he is basing his coaching on his own experiences.

Reactions: DG93

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
A 2nd if he holds steady, but I think he backslides some and we wind up with a 3rd.
I think a 3rd is most likely as well. He's a rental being UFA after this season. A 2nd can be possible if he plays just like last season, and a contending team gets in a jam with goalie injuries.

DW is no longer a GM in this league, so finding a GM to overpay for a goalie is that much harder.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Well Hill shat the bed last season so a 3rd rnder is fair value. Honestly watching Hill his mechanics are terrible and he is always behind the play if anything the sharks win this trade. Of course the sharks history is Hill becomes a veznia winner 😂

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The real thing to look back on is whether you would’ve had the Sharks trade for Eichel to prevent Vegas from winning over dumping Hill.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I didnt watch many Vegas games...is Hill legit now or was Vegas just that good?
I always thought he was good, just couldn’t stay healthy.

Vegas being a “rival” is irrelevant. For all intents and purposes the Sharks are not in the same league as the Golden Knights. Trading a third string goalie to a team is hardly “helping” them anyway.
Yikes.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Yeah I’ll take the L on this one. I still don’t think trading Hill was a mistake. He would have either continued to suck here or made our draft pick worse.
Yeah. I don’t think anyone could have predicted the end result and frankly the way the defence protected the net I don’t doubt any number of 3rd stringers could have thrived with a little bit of confidence.

It just shows that defense still wins championships.

Reactions: karltonian

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
Yeah I’ll take the L on this one. I still don’t think trading Hill was a mistake. He would have either continued to suck here or made our draft pick worse.
No, you are still correct that trading Hill was the right move. Hill doesn't get the Sharks into the playoffs and he isn't going to be starter material by the time the rebuild is done. Might as well get a pick. Plenty of below-average goalies get a team a cup and plenty of below-average goalies look legit under certain coaching systems.

Reactions: karltonian

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Nah. That didn’t make a difference. Frankly, the biggest benefit the knights got was florida doing all the dirty work for them and then bowing out with a whimper.
One can’t overlook that a player, using Stone as an example, doesn’t benefit greatly by being held out for half a season. Avoiding bumps, bruises and potential injury. Let alone the physical tax that happens from playing every other day. I’ve think that is a difference.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
No, you are still correct that trading Hill was the right move. Hill doesn't get the Sharks into the playoffs and he isn't going to be starter material by the time the rebuild is done. Might as well get a pick. Plenty of below-average goalies get a team a cup and plenty of below-average goalies look legit under certain coaching systems.
Yeah I still think the real mistake was trading for him in the first place when anyone with eyes could see the team was going to be bad regardless of goaltending. I’d rather have whoever we would have drafted 43rd overall last year in the system right now instead of ever taking the chance on Hill.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Yeah I still think the real mistake was trading for him in the first place when anyone with eyes could see the team was going to be bad regardless of goaltending. I’d rather have whoever we would have drafted 43rd overall last year in the system right now instead of ever taking the chance on Hill.
Didn't they just need someone not named Jone5 in net at that point? If for no other reason than team morale?

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Didn't they just need someone not named Jone5 in net at that point? If for no other reason than team morale?
I wish we had just kept Jones tbh. I doubt our goaltending the last two seasons would have been much worse and we wouldn’t have his buyout cap hit on the books until 2027.

But even if we had to buy him out, we could have easily just signed another UFA goalie alongside Reimer instead of trading a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad