Confirmed with Link: Addison traded to Sharks for '26 5th and Adam Raska

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Just watched highlights of the Sharks game. If Addison belongs on their top pairing, their defense really is as trash as the fans say. Two of those goals for sure were his fault (a missed check and a missed coverage), and at least one other he shares blame in.

I was shocked to see how many former Wild players are on the Sharks now. Addison, Sturm, Kunin, Granlund, Kahkonen. They can nearly form an opening line.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just watched highlights of the Sharks game. If Addison belongs on their top pairing, their defense really is as trash as the fans say. Two of those goals for sure were his fault (a missed check and a missed coverage), and at least one other he shares blame in.

I was shocked to see how many former Wild players are on the Sharks now. Addison, Sturm, Kunin, Granlund, Kahkonen. They can nearly form an opening line.

Their defense is abysmal. It would be like ours if you took away Spurgeon, Brodin and Faber, and then replaced them with another Merrill, another Goligoski, and another Mermis. Addison doesn't stand out from the group, but neither is he below it. And he was meant to bring more puck movement to the group, because most of their guys are not puck movers.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Their defense is abysmal. It would be like ours if you took away Spurgeon, Brodin and Faber, and then replaced them with another Merrill, another Goligoski, and another Mermis. Addison doesn't stand out from the group, but neither is he below it. And he was meant to bring more puck movement to the group, because most of their guys are not puck movers.
And yet we were having nightmares with Addison next to someone like Brodin on the top pair for a minute. I'm glad we didn't have to watch him on the top pair with Merrill instead... like they do!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is still the aspect of the NHL and sports in general that I just will never understand. Rewarding incompetence, so antithetical to literally every other aspect of this sport.
In some leagues the bottom three teams are relegated to a lower league, and the top three from the lower league elevated to a higher one. What a concept!

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
In some leagues the bottom three teams are relegated to a lower league, and the top three from the lower league elevated to a higher one. What a concept!
Instead of just season losses, why not weight the lottery towards something uncontrollable that still leads to club underperformance over the long run? Man games lost to injury (during the season) for example could be a pretty good proxy for the worst teams in a season that got there by bad luck rather than incompetent management and systems. And those injured teams tend to underperform for years surrounding those seasons with player recoveries, so they need the young talent most anyway.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Oh and more on the actual trade topic, there was an Oiler goalie trade in the works that fell apart when this Addison deal went down. Curious if that would have been us on the other end. Bouchard for Gus would not have made much sense for BG, but I could see the Oilers trying to force it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Instead of just season losses, why not weight the lottery towards something uncontrollable that still leads to club underperformance over the long run? Man games lost to injury (during the season) for example could be a pretty good proxy for the worst teams in a season that got there by bad luck rather than incompetent management and systems. And those injured teams tend to underperform for years surrounding those seasons with player recoveries, so they need the young talent most anyway.
You already have conspiracy theories about LTIR for cap reasons, you think that those won't pop up around this?

Keep it simple is the best way. Just worst gets first and be done with it.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
You already have conspiracy theories about LTIR for cap reasons, you think that those won't pop up around this?

Keep it simple is the best way. Just worst gets first and be done with it.
Why would owners care at all about conspiracy theorists, its their words vs literal doctors under oaths? Chalk it up to free press coverage, never address it publicly, no problem.

I am a maximizer personality type so we just likely share different perspectives, for me, simple is death if you want to maintain the claim of "best league in the world." Not to say that your approach is wrong, but for me it is fun to explore different possibilities to improve old practices. Data analytics and corporate HR management tactics are things all of the owners should be intimately familiar with to get to where they are at in the real world. Efficiently utilizing resources is why they are billionaire owners in the first place, I don't know why they purposely half ass it for their hobby hockey teams.

Reactions: Arturia Pendragon

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Why would owners care at all about conspiracy theorists, its their words vs literal doctors under oaths? Chalk it up to free press coverage, never address it publicly, no problem.

I am a maximizer personality type so we just likely share different perspectives, for me, simple is death if you want to maintain the claim of "best league in the world." Not to say that your approach is wrong, but for me it is fun to explore different possibilities to improve old practices. Data analytics and corporate HR management tactics are things all of the owners should be intimately familiar with to get to where they are at in the real world. Efficiently utilizing resources is why they are billionaire owners in the first place, I don't know why they purposely half ass it for their hobby hockey teams.
They care about fan perception, that's why they instituted the draft lottery in the first place

• Wow
Reactions: Arturia Pendragon

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Oh and more on the actual trade topic, there was an Oiler goalie trade in the works that fell apart when this Addison deal went down. Curious if that would have been us on the other end. Bouchard for Gus would not have made much sense for BG, but I could see the Oilers trying to force it.
Its criminal that they passed on drafting Wallstedt. Then again, they probably would've screwed it up by not being patient with his development if they had picked him.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4