Confirmed with Link: Addison traded to Sharks for '26 5th and Adam Raska

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Hmm only worth a 5th? Feels like Billy just wanted to get rid of him.

Edit: not that I think he is worth a lot. Just interesting it was just to get a single pick and not for a body.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kinda seems like another deal where Guerin didn't really try to get the best value, he just wanted to move the player

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The blurb in the Athletic article made it sound like it could be a precursor to another move, since they're still dealing with Goli's injury too.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Hmm only worth a 5th? Feels like Billy just wanted to get rid of him.

Edit: not that I think he is worth a lot. Just interesting it was just to get a single pick and not for a body.
Getting a body would probably be detrimental. The only type of body you get in exchange is a #6 dman and that has a caphit. With Spurgeon returning, Merrill, Goligoski still on the books, there no use for another player. Especially for another depth dman

I started the season hoping for a 3-4 pick but after his start, a 5th is reasonable for a player all the teams know he does not have a place

Reactions: Sad People

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wow, terrible return. I was very wrong as to his value, I guess, though you would think it would be a bit higher if he was traded BEFORE being demoted from the #1PP.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Wow, terrible return. I was very wrong as to his value, I guess, though you would think it would be a bit higher if he was traded BEFORE being demoted from the #1PP.
Just kindly curious, what did you think his value was at? I thought 3rd-4th pick (3rd being my most optimistic and that was to start off the season.) 4th was my realistic aim to begin the season so after the terrible start, 5th for me is about right. Perhaps true value would be #140 pick.

Reactions: keppel146

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just kindly curious, what did you think his value was at? I thought 3rd-4th pick (3rd being my most optimistic and that was to start off the season.) 4th was my realistic aim to begin the season so after the terrible start, 5th for me is about right. Perhaps true value would be #140 pick.
I would think that a RHD who is still very young, has run a #1PP reasonably well, and has a tiny cap hit would be worth a 2nd-3rd(depending on when you trade him). As i said above, trading him before you demote him from the PP would've netted you more.

I think BG is impulsive, but who knows, maybe Raska is the answer.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I would think that a RHD who is still very young, has run a #1PP reasonably well, and has a tiny cap hit would be worth a 2nd-3rd(depending on when you trade him). As i said above, trading him before you demote him from the PP would've netted you more.

I think BG is impulsive, but who knows, maybe Raska is the answer.
I definitely agree with the timing. My preference was that he was traded before the season started to maximize the value.

But I think perhaps where we differ is his effectiveness on that #1PP. If he did all that, I would have agree with your valuation. I was first excited in perhaps the first 5 games this season but afterwards, I became a disappointed and this disappointment isn't new, it was a continuation of last season. He was already demoted when we tried to bring in Klingberg.

So I always had him 3rd-4th round pick. So we are apart in about 1.5 rounds in valuation and thats I think this 5th is about right. I'm not going to argue because I can see where you head is at and how you come to that conclusion. It makes sense. I disagree but makes logical sense.

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I wish him well. If anyone could use a change of scenery move its Addison. Not surprised at the return though

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Defensemen who can score 40 points, which is what Addison was pacing for last season, aren't really that common. The list of guys who did it last season features a lot more 1st rounders than 5th rounders. But hey, kind of cool that Raska is on pace for zero points in 69 games.

Addison may be no great loss and a pick and prospect are better than nothing when it comes to roster shuffling. Bill Guerin, amazing hockey strategist or Bill Guerin, decisive hot-head... hard to figure which he is.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Faber is a better all around player than Addison, and with Spurgeon getting ready to return, there isn't room for a smaller, skilled RD. Mermis can fill the bottom pairing RD.

Now only if BG can figure out away to move Merrill.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Defensemen who can score 40 points, which is what Addison was pacing for last season, aren't really that common. The list of guys who did it last season features a lot more 1st rounders than 5th rounders. But hey, kind of cool that Raska is on pace for zero points in 69 games.

Addison may be no great loss and a pick and prospect are better than nothing when it comes to roster shuffling. Bill Guerin, amazing hockey strategist or Bill Guerin, decisive hot-head... hard to figure which he is.
Only 11 of his 29 points last season were at ES though. I don’t think we’re losing anything special, but we also didn’t really get anything back. Would’ve just preferred to keep him around for depth with where our defense is at right now.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think this has to do with Spurgeon returning and he was just taken off the power play, basically the only spot he was supposed to look great at.

The return is underwhelming. Does this mean that Hunt gets to stick around for awhile?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Does this also mean that Mermis may stick around when the D is fully healthy?
Not when fully healthy, Goligoski Merrill would be bottom role by contracts. Though they have no problem sitting them.

If I had a say Mermis would be gone this weekend too, but he is still getting acclimated I guess so he may get more leeway and he at least tries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad