Former Bruins Adam McQuaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I walked past Adam right outside the Garden a few weeks back. He was doing the walk from Whole Foods back to the North End, I believe. A true Bostonian, I tell you.

Was surprised at how he didn't seem 6'5" at all (I am just a touch below 5'10" myself) and had a somewhat slight build. I wonder if opponents think that before he lays the beatdown.
I think something happens when you make him angry. :laugh:
images (6).jpeg

Reactions: BMC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I walked past Adam right outside the Garden a few weeks back. He was doing the walk from Whole Foods back to the North End, I believe. A true Bostonian, I tell you.

Was surprised at how he didn't seem 6'5" at all (I am just a touch below 5'10" myself) and had a somewhat slight build. I wonder if opponents think that before he lays the beatdown.
Same with Jordin Tootoo. I know the guy fairly well, he always comes by in the Summer for a week or so and he seems much shorter than 5'9''. I'm 5'9'' and I'm pretty sure i have 2 inches on him.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The listed sizes of most professional athletes is a joke. Just look at the pic the Sox took of their all star players the day before the game. Kimbrel is listed at 6 feet tall, yet was clearly the same height or slightly shorter than 5' 9" Mookie.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Last year I was talking to one of the guys who works behind the bench and I said how thin Adam was nd he said you would be surprised at how strong and buff he was. He looks pretty tall to me.

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Last year I was talking to one of the guys who works behind the bench and I said how thin Adam was and he said you would be surprised at how strong and buff has was. He looks pretty tall to me.

Lean muscle is what most athletes, in most sports, have figured out works. Gives you all the necessary strength with agility. The thing that I have noticed about Adam in fights is he works especially hard at never getting tied up with the other guy, either in close or in regards to either arm. He knows that if he maintains a certain amount of space on his right side, he can just wail.

Reactions: Ladyfan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I know some of his team mates were there. I wonder which ones ?

my buddy is going to his brother`s wedding, I believe next weekend, told me to give him anything I wish to be signed. I`m not typically a signature seeker but I`ll give him my Bruin`s cap. I suspect no other B`s to be there but that`s ok

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
He was never the greatest skater, nor the greatest PK'er. He will never be a Norris winner.

But NO ONE can question the toughness, perseverance or hard work this guy put into his game. Nobody can question his willingness to sacrifice his body for his teammates.

Goodbye to a great hockey player in his own right. He will be missed.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Getting easier every day to care less about this team. Have been a fan since 74, every year Monty Burns has owned this team and there were some brutal years in there but Sweeney, Cassidy and Bettman have done a great job of killing my passion for this team and sport. McQuaid may well go down as the last of the true Bruins, but that will probably be Bergeron.

Hope Quaider comes in and lights up Nordstrom or Grzylik. Bruins fans are gong to have to stop calling the Habs smurfs by the time Cassidy and Sweeney are done.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I just have this sick feeling inside. It sort of reminds me of when I had to take my warrior of a Lab in to put down. Just super sad. McQuaid's don't grow on tree's. I know his talent level is what it is, but you absolutely have to have soldiers like this on your bottom 6 / bottom pair to sniff Lord Stanley. Guy will be immensely missed.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Best of luck to Quaider. He should get much better TOI and position himself for another contract. Will miss him. Great character/heart.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Been a fan of his for a long time,had season tickets in Providence during his developing years,seemed like he'd beat the piss out of someone every Friday night,all the while blocking shots and playing solid D, got better every year,he's a very likable dude off ice as well. Hope he stays healthy and leaves the game on his terms

Reactions: DKH

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Getting easier every day to care less about this team. Have been a fan since 74, every year Monty Burns has owned this team and there were some brutal years in there but Sweeney, Cassidy and Bettman have done a great job of killing my passion for this team and sport. McQuaid may well go down as the last of the true Bruins, but that will probably be Bergeron.

Hope Quaider comes in and lights up Nordstrom or Grzylik. Bruins fans are gong to have to stop calling the Habs smurfs by the time Cassidy and Sweeney are done.

giphy-downsized.gif

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad