Player Discussion: Adam Lowry

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Copp is traded to Detroit for 2 2nds Nyr and Edm....... b4 expansion draft. This allows Jets to then protect Apples
Nice thought but Jets need a current, NHL ready prospect winger to fill Copp's void, unless they deem Vesalainen is ready to fill into 3rd line duty, changing the dymamic of the 3rd line with Lowry and Apples ( if he isn't lost to Seattle-xd)!!
Jets are likely losing another winger to Seattle, plus minusing Copp. For 2 2nd rd picks, likely not being NHL/Jets roster capable for 2 to 4 years, ... so much for the overall depth lines next 2 years. TOUGH scenarios to ponder. I liken to possibly best to sign Copp, even 2 years if you get him for under 4.5 mil? Somebody out there will likely give Copp a min offer of 4.75+ mil for 2 years min. And throw in a draft pick to Jets to get him.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Have we heard anything about Lurch's melon yet?
I'm hoping it was precautionary. The Jets are going to take no chances on injuries at this point. They also need to get Harkins a few more games to make him meet the criteria for the expansion draft.

Reactions: Jet

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Not sure whether I'll be slapped for "threadromancy" or congratulated for using an existing thread rather than starting a new one ... but wanted to talk a bit more about my favourite Jets 2.0 player, BIG Adam Lowry, AKA Lurch, AKA "stone hands".

After 9 games, he's got 2 goals and 4 assists, and is tied with five others for third most points (only Wheels and Morrisey have more points). That's .75 PPG thus far. I know, small sample size, but not a tiny one either as we're almost 1/8 through the season already.

This is decent 3C production points-wise, but more importantly, he continues to bring 100% effort every night. Big piece of why our bottom 6 have been good this season. He doesn't play as physically punishing as pre-shoulder injury days but still no slouch.

No surprise that last game vs Vegas, when top 6 were trash, Lowsie was the only one to put up a goal.

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
As someone who appreciated a big solid do-it-all 3rd line centre like Joel Otto on the flames for so many years in the 80s/90s, I like seeing Lowry in a similar albeit lower scoring role.
I know everyone says he deserves to be on the 4th line but he is too good defensively on matchups for that small an amount of ice-time.
Also, he and Barron with Gagner/Appleton had been a great line so far!

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
One thing I have noticed about Big Adam Lowry this year is that he is not looking to engage in combat anymore. More to diffuse it. His PIM are down considerably. And I wonder if Rick Bowness, in identifying him as a key contributor to special teams, said to him, you want to be a leader Adam, be a leader on the ice.

On the ice he is trending towards a 40+ point season, which many said was impossible production from him.

Reactions: Huffer and ERYX

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Adam Lowry having a career year and many posters rightfully point out that he has been a critical leader in driving the Jets to a playoff berth.

So much for the "Lowry should be our fourth line center" and the "he has bad production for a third line center" crowd lol.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I have consistently advocated for the importance of Lowry to this team and yesterday was another example.

BTW, I don't like him giving that staged fight to Reaves. Lowry is the kind of guy that will always stand tall so I know it doesn't matter one little bit what I think. But we need him healthy for the post season and a lot of bad things / injuries happen during fights. A simple thing like a broken finger can have you out of the line up. That Lowry third line has been great for us lately and will be a handful for any team. Maybe in Adam's mind he was holding Reaves to account for the intent to injure on DeMelo.

Anyway, glad he is ok and great game Adam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad