Adam Henrique Appreciation Thread

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
made this because i feel we should condense all the discussion in one location, and he deserves his own thread.

gonna miss the guy. had a great personality off the ice, and was always a professional. loved seeing him grow up, and going to miss him so badly. obviously, excited for sami, but i do hope rico gets more of an opportunity in california

3ceaf01afe86f9443faaec540df8f1b50e68f25792b239ddb88049d04c35708a.jpg

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
For much of the Devils history, the team makeup consisted of guys all about strictly business, part because of their gamer attitudes and part because of the way Lou ran things. As things began to change towards the end of Lou's tenure and after he was out the door, it is hard to argue that Henrique has been one of the first guys we saw extended personality from and one of the more personable players we've had. Came across as nothing but a genuinely good guy who was frequently involved with the team in a number of aspects.

His rookie season and big playoff contributions were nothing short of a fantastic thing we got to witness that not many guys accomplish.

Well respected across the board on and off the ice by players and fans. Wish him nothing but the best.

Reactions: R8NJ and Bleedred

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Thanks Adam, you'll always be remembered as a Devil by me.

2012 playoffs OT goals were awesome.
One of the nicest guys around and a genuine good person.

Best of luck in Anaheim Rico.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
For all his faults as a player, he's been one of the few bright spots on this team in recent seasons.

Definitely going to miss him, but this is a move we had to make. At least he'll be in the western conference, it makes rooting for him considerably easier, best of luck Rico!

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
My favorite sports moment I've ever seen live, I hope that changes one day with a Stanley Cup but thank you Adam for 2012 and and everything since especially all the charity work!

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’ll miss him. It almost feels like this is the end of an era, as he was our third longest tenured player. Only Greene and Zajac remain from that 2012 team.

He’s also the lone NHL caliber player, to come out of a very disappointing half decade of poor drafting from the last half of the 2000’s.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
One of my favorite athletes that I've had the pleasure of meeting. Was there live for his first goal at home and the OT game winner against the Jets for my birthday. Became a fan immediately.

I will miss him a great deal. What he provided on the ice was only surpassed by what he did off of it. He became a huge supporter of the community, would always stop for fans and sign autographs, was a staple for an autograph signing every single season.

Clearly someone who knew what he meant to the fans and always wanted to give back. I'll be donating on the last day of Movember today for him.

Thanks for everything Rico, we'll miss you!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Whatever issues most of us had with Adam as a player - two meaningful goals in 2012 aside - nobody can deny he's been a good ambassador for the franchise during lean years in the locker room and off the ice. Like Wingman said he bridged the gap pretty well coming up in the all business environment with instant success and then being one of the faces of the new, more open interaction between team and fans.

Aside from his two OT playoff goals I'll remember the thirty goal season in the first year of the new regime as one of the few on-ice accomplishments worth celebrating during the past few seasons.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I never noticed Girardi (I think that's Girardi) with his eyes shut in that picture, until just now. HAHAHAHAHA.

NiedsKicks

Jun 24, 2016
New Jersey
He scored a 4 points in 6 games in that ECF series. He'll always be a big bright spot in our franchise because of that. I would've loved for him to be here his entire career but a trade like that cannot be passed up on.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
That OT winner against the Jets was my personal highlight for him. Getting to see that live was fantastic.

f***. This one stings way more than Larsson. I'm bummed.

SMDD2012

Oct 18, 2017
I Was at his movember event in Hoboken on Tuesday and it was absolutely one of the best Devils events I have ever been too. I’m still totally shocked that he was traded. What a class act . He will be missed !!!!

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad