Player Discussion Adam Gaudette - Hobey Baker winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
5pm start tonight guys. All eyes on the Gaudefather !!

Man I love this prospect :yo:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
How can you say that knowing his ceiling is MUCH higher??? :facepalm:
We are just doing our best to temp your expectations because we have longer exp as fans, we know how easily prospects can fail to reach their potential or busted, they come and go.
You can be excited but don’t get too addicted to a D+2 prospect in NCAA

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
We are just doing our best to temp your expectations because we have longer exp as fans, we know how easily prospects can fail to reach their potential or busted, they come and go.
You can be excited but don’t get too addicted to a D+2 prospect in NCAA
Yeah your probably right Billy youve been right about these things before. I will try and cool the Etteduag hype but he just keeps destroying the competition so i hard lol

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Is this kid getting signed or what,,he looks pretty dam good to let walk away..

Can't have an NHL contract while playing in the NCAA. He can sign when his season ends. But if he signs, he cant go back. You're not allowed to make money in college.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
There is another year yet.

True, but would not be a positive sign if Gaudette went back for a final year after winning Hobey Baker and losing his linemates. No reason to stay other than getting free agent status.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
True, but would not be a positive sign if Gaudette went back for a final year after winning Hobey Baker and losing his linemates. No reason to stay other than getting free agent status.

I think he gets to FA faster if he stays in school, as he can sign a 2 year contract and burn a year, or something like that. I may be wrong though.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Wow Providence tied up the game with two minutes left. Might be going to OT here

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Hawk fan here in basically the same boat as you Canuck fans because just like you guys have Gaudette poised to either sign with you or go the free agent route in August - we're in the same situation with his line mate Dylan Sikura. They both are dynamic players with a good chance to be pretty good in the NHL but both of them have the right to spurn their draft team and go the free agent route if they choose to do so. It sux - they need to close that loophole.

Even with Northeastern losing in the Hockey East tournament tonight - they almost certainly will get an at-large invitation to the NCAA tournament. If Northeastern makes it to the Frozen Four - both the Canucks and Hawks lose the advantage they have as their draft teams in that they can sign them and get them into a game before the end of the season in order to effectively knock a year off their ELC. If Northeastern makes the Frozen Four, both the Hawks and Canucks season will have come to and end before they can get Gaudette/Sikura into a 2017/18 game.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Hawk fan here in basically the same boat as you Canuck fans because just like you guys have Gaudette poised to either sign with you or go the free agent route in August - we're in the same situation with his line mate Dylan Sikura. They both are dynamic players with a good chance to be pretty good in the NHL but both of them have the right to spurn their draft team and go the free agent route if they choose to do so. It sux - they need to close that loophole.

Even with Northeastern losing in the Hockey East tournament tonight - they almost certainly will get an at-large invitation to the NCAA tournament. If Northeastern makes it to the Frozen Four - both the Canucks and Hawks lose the advantage they have as their draft teams in that they can sign them and get them into a game before the end of the season in order to effectively knock a year off their ELC. If Northeastern makes the Frozen Four, both the Hawks and Canucks season will have come to and end before they can get Gaudette/Sikura into a 2017/18 game.

Yep—we need Gaudette's team out ASAP so there's an incentive to sign and burn an ELC year.

Puck Ingrate

Aug 18, 2011
MSP / YVR

Sikura's such a dynamic player. Really fun to watch. Hope you guys can get him signed too. Don't you guys also have his brother Tyler down in Rockford?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Absolutely, guys that go back for their last year when they are ready to go pro is a major worry. Gaudette isn't even out of his college season, I see no point in anyone getting worried, he hasn't even had a chance to sign this year.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think he gets to FA faster if he stays in school, as he can sign a 2 year contract and burn a year, or something like that. I may be wrong though.

If you're talking about UFA where he can sign for any amount of money then no it makes no difference.

Ya it's definitely scary to have an asset go into their last season of their college season given that there are much fewer incentive for the player to sign.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
If you're talking about UFA where he can sign for any amount of money then no it makes no difference.
Like I said I could be wrong, but I think it comes down to if he signed with us this year it is a 3 year ELC, if he signs next year, it only needs to be two, plus he can burn a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad