Confirmed with Link: Adam Fox wins the Norris Trophy

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Would be surprised if Fox wins. Not that I don’t think he deserves it. The voters care about playoffs, and also seem to think a candidate has to “pay his dues” before finally winning the award. Like with Lundqvist, who was a finalist several times before winning the Vezina in his non-best season.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
There's no way he wins it with the Rangers missing the playoffs. Journalists are f***ing Neanderthals like GMs. Every freaking award that's based on voting is a mess.

Selke and Norris are probably the worst. Always goes to a player based on reputation, not recent performance.

I agree that he probably doesn't win it. But, the reputation pedigree may work in his favor, if he can get close to his performance next season.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He absolutely should win this year, but it’ll be Hedman because his team is still in the playoffs

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Scared to come to this thread after all my "He is not nearly as good as McDonagh was in 2012-14" hot takes

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
He absolutely should win this year, but it’ll be Hedman because his team is still in the playoffs

The only thing that could be a factor: Hedman has already won it. Outside chance Fox can get the "shiny new toy" treatment.

Fox, also, is the best player on the Rangers. He stands out more than anyone.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fox deserves to win it, but he likely won't because Hedman is Hedman and he plays for the Tampa Bay Lightning who will likely win another cup this year. I think Makar missing time will hurt his votes but he also deserves it more than Hedman.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If it's a regular season award, you should not be looking at playoffs.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Especially since he likely doesn’t win due to Hedman’s reputation, couldn’t he have waited until after he signed a nice, comfy 6Mx8 extension before becoming this big of a star?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Hedman will likely win it based on reputation and well he's also very good, but just like Bergeron will win the selke even if someone is as good or having a better year as long as either one is good it'll be theirs to lose.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Would be surprised if Fox wins. Not that I don’t think he deserves it. The voters care about playoffs, and also seem to think a candidate has to “pay his dues” before finally winning the award. Like with Lundqvist, who was a finalist several times before winning the Vezina in his non-best season.

I don't know how you could say that 11-12 wasn't Lundqvist's best season.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I really hope Hedman's below average final 1.5 months costs him the award. not that it should've ever been his.

Reactions: Rongomania

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad