Adam Fox or Leon Draisaitl

Adam Fox or Leon Draisaitl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
If Tavares wasn't here I'd take Drai. What's better than 1 6'3 50+ goal, 100+ point C? Having 2.

The physicality of Matthews-Drai back-to-back would be a terror not to mention LD feeding Matthews on the powerplay.

Reactions: PuckG

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
It really depends on the team makeup.

For the Devils, I 100% choose Draisaitl every damn time. We have Hamilton, Marino, Siegenthaler, Simon Nemec, and Luke Hughes on the backend for the next 5+ years.

I think, for example, these teams easily choose Adam Fox: Toronto, Montreal, Florida, Vancouver

And I think, for example, these teams easily choose Draisaitl: Colorado, Vegas, Carolina.

The rest of the teams could really choose either guy.

Draisaitl >>> mike green 2.0

Tell me you've never watched Adam Fox without telling me you've never watched Adam Fox.

Fox is literally the best player on the ice in more than half of the games he plays. And this is coming from a Devils fan.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Fox makes you better in all areas for 24 minutes a night but adding Drai to a contender without losing any of the existing core forces teams to play them completely differently.

Fox if I was starting a team from scratch, Drai if they're both deadline rentals.
I read the poll as "same cap" for each player. Not, just adding without losing anybody. Meaning, if you signed Draisaitl for that cap, you're spending that cap on a forward and not a dman who you might need.

Draisaitl >>> mike green 2.0
You know 2.0 means a much more superior / advance version, right?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

For the Devils, I 100% choose Draisaitl every damn time. We have Hamilton, Marino, Siegenthaler, Simon Nemec, and Luke Hughes on the backend for the next 5+ years.

I think, for example, these teams easily choose Adam Fox: Toronto, Montreal, Florida, Vancouver

And I think, for example, these teams easily choose Draisaitl: Colorado, Vegas, Carolina.

Tell me you've never watched Adam Fox without telling me you've never watched Adam Fox.

Fox is literally the best player on the ice in more than half of the games he plays. And this is coming from a Devils fan.
Draisaitl would be the best player on the ice for like 98% of his game if Mcdavid didnt exist.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
How many players have won a Norris in their 2nd season? Seems pretty rare.

But the point was more the rarity in finding them more than the quality of the player. Fox was a weird one with wanting to go to NY, but in general it tends to be easier to find elite defensemen later in the draft, or through trade:free agency. You can sometimes find gem forwards later like Kucherov, but most are high picks. Though at the same time, it’s easier to project them if you get those picks.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
This is totally dependent on what a team needs.

Pittsburgh would obviously pick Fox.

Nashville would pick Draisaitl

Detroit would pick Draisaitl

Toronto takes Fox

Etc

Senators would dream to have Fox.

Senators also easily choose Fox.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I am desperate for a #1 Dman in Oilers. I think, as an oiler fans, I would like fox, though I don't think I would make that gtrade. like drai too much even with fox coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad