Who would you take right now?

• Total voters

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Makar

Fox

McAvoy/Heiskanen

Need the last two guys to increase their offensive output to join the Fox tier or above

McAvoy if he's putting 50-55 points could be as valuable as a 65-70 point OFD (Ala Q.Hughes)

Fox and Makar are both quite good defensively and elite at offense. So I think he'd need to give 60+ point to pass them. He's great at EVS but the time to produce on the PP has come. Be elite at all situation

Reactions: User9992

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Would love to see Miro Heiskanen dominate a regular season. Can be really inconsistent, but I think he's the most complete player of the 3 when he's at his best. Cale Makar has got to be #1 here for me. He's a go to defenseman and has really gotten far with his defensive play. I really hope he improves in that area to solidify himself as the surefire #1 dman in the league.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Fox is the most likely to consistently win multiple Norris trophies. No health issues, scores a bunch, has the reputation.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
I don't think you realize just how good peak Karlsson was... predicting any current D to be at the level or surpass it is a hot take.

Oh I fully understand, I'm a huge Karlsson fan so I wouldn't be saying that if I wasn't extremely high on Makar. We might never know if Makar can carry a team on his back like Karlsson did since he has a much stronger supporting cast, but I'd argue their skill sets (especially their skating), and their offensive instincts/IQ is already pretty well on par.

Reactions: User9992

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hockey fans and media likes to anoint players to certain titles before they accomplish it. They should’ve learned their lesson with Hart. How is Makar so universally viewed as the best defenseman in the NHL? Is Fox not the same age with an actual Norris? You could also certainly argue that Hedman, Josi or another veteran 1D is better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad