Recalled/Assigned: Adam Edstrom

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The first part mentions players on a reserve list, so I assume it's not players under SPC. And the language used there is very strange. 26th day preceding the date of the final game in the league schedule of championship games. What the hell does that mean? Are championship games the playoffs? The trade deadline in the CBA is always denoted as the 40th day preceding the end of the regular season, so I have no idea what day the by-law is referring to.

The final sentence is the only part that seems applicable because it mentions waivers, but it also mentions loaning a player to a club in another league.

Players are able to be traded after the trade deadline. At least a couple trades have happened already. AFAIK, those players are eligible to play for their new teams in the NHL during the regular season, but not in the playoffs. Why would it be any different for players obtained via waivers? I remain unconvinced.

The reserve list includes all players affiliated to a team, both signed and unsigned. This rule applies to everyone. Players are not eligible to play in the NHL regular season if they are traded after the deadline.

If you don't believe it, that's fine.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad