Recalled/Assigned: Adam Edstrom

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Brodzinski madę a bad play but he's been a pretty responsible player. People should keep in mind as well that guys like Point and Kucherov often turn pucks over and make other teams pay. I wouldn't be surprised if Brodzinski is scratched next game and for most of the rest of the season. I think Laviolette likes having a big body on the 4th line and Brodzinski was not playing with the 4th liners before anyway. He was mostly playing with Kakko and Cuylle.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Brodzinski madę a bad play but he's been a pretty responsible player. People should keep in mind as well that guys like Point and Kucherov often turn pucks over and make other teams pay. I wouldn't be surprised if Brodzinski is scratched next game and for most of the rest of the season. I think Laviolette likes having a big body on the 4th line and Brodzinski was not playing with the 4th liners before anyway. He was mostly playing with Kakko and Cuylle.
Yea well unfortunately that bad play was the turning point in the game yesterday. If your a 4th line fringe player, you can't be making those mistakes or you'll find yourself out of the lineup real fast, like he is likely.

Reactions: TominNC and Atax

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Yea well unfortunately that bad play was the turning point in the game yesterday. If your a 4th line fringe player, you can't be making those mistakes or you'll find yourself out of the lineup real fast, like he is likely.
It was the turning point, but the rest of the team sucking the rest of the way isn't on him.

Drury is not going to send him down for the simple fact that he doesn't want to risk losing him. We have just enough cap space to carry 14 forwards.

• Love
Reactions: bernmeister

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW Tampa had 5 days off before this game. The Ranger were doing their 3rd in 4. Sure we can say that it started with Brodzinski's give away to one of the league's best players but I also think an argument can be made that the team ran out of steam against a well rested team. We're not on an easy bit of schedule and shit happens. I don't think many of us here are figuring there are going to be no blips when we're playing 9 games in 15 days.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
It was the turning point, but the rest of the team sucking the rest of the way isn't on him.

Drury is not going to send him down for the simple fact that he doesn't want to risk losing him. We have just enough cap space to carry 14 forwards.
He should be sent down. He isn't good enough to get claimed. He helps Hartford more than the Rangers. He should be in Hartford helping with the playoffs

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Hopefully Brodstinksi is being sent down to AHL. He has proven he's a minor leaguer. Please stay in Hartford
If Brodzinski had any AHL options left, he would not have spent most of this season in the press box.

He should be sent down. He isn't good enough to get claimed. He helps Hartford more than the Rangers. He should be in Hartford helping with the playoffs
No one knows that for sure....if we lost him off the waiver wire, people here would be calling for Drury's head because he lost him for nothing.

Reactions: gabevh3

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Glad to see Edstrom back. People are gonna see a good skating huge specimen and think Rempe's suspension got reduced to 2 games.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

He's been with the team most of the year and he's had a lot of good moments and is a responsible player. Guys like Bonino and Pitlick never found any real traction. I keep hearing how close this team is and that's another thing to factor. A guy who's been here with the playoffs around the corner.....whether he plays a lot down the stretch or in the playoffs or not he's kind of earned his way in kind of the same way Zac Jones has. They've been through all the ups and downs that the team has and they've both have added something when called upon. They're both part of the team now IMO whether or not they play a lot or at all from now on.

People sometimes look down on guys that have smaller roles and if they f*** up the first reaction sometimes is let's punish the guy. This might be how it works in some peoples workplaces but it's not a good way to run an NHL team.

I do like Edstrom coming up again though.

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Half the team took a puck to the face last night. I'm sure guys are hurting. This ridiculous schedule doesn't help. Edstrom insurance in case someone can't go tomorrow.

Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
If Brodzinski had any AHL options left, he would not have spent most of this season in the press box.

No one knows that for sure....if we lost him off the waiver wire, people here would be calling for Drury's head because he lost him for nothing.
Brodzinski is only here cause the Rangers have no young center depth close to NHL ready. Hopefully they draft some centers that can be a top 9 down the road. To rely on a minor leaguer shows the lack of quality depth.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

While that's true, waiver pick ups after the deadline are extremely rare because claimed players are ineligible for the remainder of the NHL season (incl reg season)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
While that's true, waiver pick ups after the deadline are extremely rare because claimed players are ineligible for the remainder of the NHL season (incl reg season)
Ineligible to play during the rest of the regular season? The playoffs, yes, but I'm pretty sure they can play in the regular season, otherwise, what's the point of waivers post-deadline?

I looked through the CBA but couldn't find anything that covered this topic. Regardless, it doesn't look like Drury has any intention of waiving him.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Ineligible to play during the rest of the regular season? The playoffs, yes, but I'm pretty sure they can play in the regular season, otherwise, what's the point of waivers post-deadline?

I looked through the CBA but couldn't find anything that covered this topic. Regardless, it doesn't look like Drury has any intention of waiving him.

It's in the By-Laws document, section 12.4

1710593744162.png

For the record: I am not saying Drury is waiving him, nor that he should. Just pointing out a very obscure (and often misunderstood) rule.

Last edited:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
It's in the By-Laws document, section 12.4

View attachment 836816

For the record: I am not saying Drury is waiving him, nor that he should. Just pointing out a very obscure (and often misunderstood) rule.
The first part mentions players on a reserve list, so I assume it's not players under SPC. And the language used there is very strange. 26th day preceding the date of the final game in the league schedule of championship games. What the hell does that mean? Are championship games the playoffs? The trade deadline in the CBA is always denoted as the 40th day preceding the end of the regular season, so I have no idea what day the by-law is referring to.

The final sentence is the only part that seems applicable because it mentions waivers, but it also mentions loaning a player to a club in another league.

Players are able to be traded after the trade deadline. At least a couple trades have happened already. AFAIK, those players are eligible to play for their new teams in the NHL during the regular season, but not in the playoffs. Why would it be any different for players obtained via waivers? I remain unconvinced.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
But when you're a Brodzinski you don't try to make that play at the blue line, you take the straight path and get it out of the damn zone. When you're Panarin you're excused when the risky play doesn't work because you do make them and you outscore your mistakes. When you're an upjumped AHLer you play it safe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad