Across the League - Montreal Goes 9-0 to Start. Annnd By Christmas Gave it Right Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Incompetent management really... Horton doesn't even have a single POINT since we made that trade

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Well the coach the Toronto management brought over isn't helping. The team has a losing record and the coach still refuses to play a former 30 goal scorer. :shakehead:

Last edited:

mikebel111*

The Habs are in trouble

Cant do anything without Price

What happened to that amazing I heard about?

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Can't believe we're still tied with Anaheim. Hopefully they go on a run soon. i keep telling myself that but they keep losing.

mikebel111*

They're outchancing their opponnents and losing Price hurts more than expected.

They might be getting chances but its showing the overall talent of that team is weak since they cant score anymore.
When your best goalscoring forward is an inconsistent floater in Pach's(I wonder whose bright idea it was to make him captain) you know the talent is weak.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Can't believe we're still tied with Anaheim. Hopefully they go on a run soon. i keep telling myself that but they keep losing.

They're just a very bad hockey team this year. Their off season was absolutely terrible. - Beauch, Wiz, Palmieri, Beleskey. + Hagelin, Bieksa. They then decide to give Bieksa 1st pairing minutes, Getz and Perry suck, Lindholm sucks. Despres is injured. Kesler, Silf have regressed. Reminds me a lot of the 2012 year.

mikebel111*

I would love to know Red Wings corsi

They seem to get outplayed a lot.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Not so many articles and experts talking about how the Habs are more than Price these days. Listening to some Montreal radio you would think that Gallaghers recovery is every bit as important.

honestly it was like that in the playoffs...only two players IMO that were price and gallagher that looked like they gave a damn.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Not sure why people are criticizing the Habs struggling without Price. You remove any teams best player and there's gonna be a huge adjustment and the team is likely gonna struggle without him. It's only more magnified in Montreal because their best player happens to play the most important position on the ice as well as being the best goaltender in the world right now.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
They're just a very bad hockey team this year. Their off season was absolutely terrible. - Beauch, Wiz, Palmieri, Beleskey. + Hagelin, Bieksa. They then decide to give Bieksa 1st pairing minutes, Getz and Perry suck, Lindholm sucks. Despres is injured. Kesler, Silf have regressed. Reminds me a lot of the 2012 year.

Losing Beauchemin was significant I think. Bieksa is a downgrade versus Beauchemin and losing him was a blow to the Ducks.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Not sure why people are criticizing the Habs struggling without Price. You remove any teams best player and there's gonna be a huge adjustment and the team is likely gonna struggle without him. It's only more magnified in Montreal because their best player happens to play the most important position on the ice as well as being the best goaltender in the world right now.

Because habs fans were feeling their oats and bragging about how much more than Carey Price they were this year. It's pretty much a league wide "told you so" reaction.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008

Let's be honest. Even if your starting goalie isn't your best player your record is gonna suffer if he can't play.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal

Just commenting on the groundswell from Habs fans and especially the national media that this years team was different, not dependant on Price the way previous editions were. Condon got off to a great start and my many Hab pals were saying that yes Price is great but the team was so good that any competent goalie would shine there. There's a big difference for a young goalie like Condon to go from a cherry picked start every 5 or six games to having to carry the full load. Warts that Price completely covered are being exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad