Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Del Zotto to Nashville for Kevin Klein.

Good change of scenery trade for both.

Highway robbery for New York, imo. Klein is a very good 2nd pairing guy on an affordable deal with term remaining. His offensive numbers are down, but he's still a quality defensive RHD.

It does certainly look like insurance for if Girardi doesn't extend with the Rangers, though.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Highway robbery for New York, imo. Klein is a very good 2nd pairing guy on an affordable deal with term remaining. His offensive numbers are down, but he's still a quality defensive RHD.

It does certainly look like insurance for if Girardi doesn't extend with the Rangers, though.
I dunno, Nashville got a guy that's 6 years younger and has put up 40 points in a season. Good move for them considering the direction they're going. I think MDZ is clearly a 2nd pairing guy as well.

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
Probably the wrong thread but still, its sadly interesting...

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink 6m
From the "Likely Only Interesting To Me" file, the #Caps have had the same points pct. after 44 games in each of the last 3 seasons (.568).

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I dunno, Nashville got a guy that's 6 years younger and has put up 40 points in a season. Good move for them considering the direction they're going. I think MDZ is clearly a 2nd pairing guy as well.

MDZ has a lot of potential and if there's anyone who can tease it out of him, it's Barry Trotz.

Also, and I feel like an ass for saying this, handedness. Nashville balances out with this move and adds offense to the left.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
No more Czechs, please.

Look at this list of names:

Jagr, Neuvirth, Erat, Hamrlik, Cutta, Majesky, Klepis, Novotny, Flash, Kundratek, Kucera, and Lang

That's 3 out of 12 that haven't been complete disasters in the last 15 years.

Bring back the Finns and out with the Czechs.

I'm pretty sure that Jeff Schultz had some Czech blood in him on his mother's side.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
On another topic...

I like the guy...but what the **** has Jay Beagle done to stay on this roster this season over Latta?

Come on, man. You know logic and reason has little to do with the roster decisions under this staff.

I'm not really sure Beagle is more than an AHL player if he doesn't PK.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
On another topic...

I like the guy...but what the **** has Jay Beagle done to stay on this roster this season over Latta?
What have Laich and Brouwer done to get consistent top 6 minutes and Brouwer PP1 time in the slot? There's no accountability whether someone is playing good or bad, deal with it.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Come on, man. You know logic and reason has little to do with the roster decision under this staff.

I'm not really sure Beagle is more than an AHL player if he doesn't PK.
Im so done with Mafki and Oates and the whole lot of em.

It's ridiculous.

Like last night...Schmidt paired with Carrick. WTF?!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
What have Laich and Brouwer done to get consistent top 6 minutes and Brouwer PP1 time in the slot? There's no accountability whether someone is playing good or bad, deal with it.

They've taken up 12% of the teams salary cap, that's what. Add in Erat, Erskine, and Neuvirth?

5 dynamite players using up more than 25% of the teams cap space. 17/64 mil.

Now that is some good GM'ing

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
no no....it would be much better if kuznetsov didn't come. he's not here yet, so there is still hope.

Remember a few months ago when you were tickled about this team, and I asked you what they might look like when Ovechkin stops scoring goal/game pace?

Well, it was on display last night.

You still pleased with the team? Sure fire playoff lock, like you thought? Where is your partner in crime, BobRouse, these days? Least you are still on here, props for that. He has disappeared as the teams true colours have risen to the fore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad