Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Grabo seems like a GMGM type of player.

I have no problem with giving him 4 years at 3-4 mill a year.

If we can some how get Scuderi or Ferrence too, I would be happy for the rest of the year

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
Grabo seems like a GMGM type of player.

I have no problem with giving him 4 years at 3-4 mill a year.

If we can some how get Scuderi or Ferrence too, I would be happy for the rest of the year

He'll be more expensive than that , 29 year old player that plays good defense and can contribute legitimately at 2C level. He gets at least 4.5 I think, 4 if long term.

I'd do 5 years at 4 million, 4 years at 4.5, 3 years at 5, but I don't know if he accepts any of those.

socratic

Jun 27, 2011
As a leafs and Caps fan, I was pissed when I just read about the grabo buyout. First place I thought of him landing though was washington. Hope it happens, he's a fantastic player who puts it all on the line.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Given what Weiss is likely to demand, I'd have to put Grabovski at the top of the 2C list realistically. I'm not sure he really makes those around him better offensively but given his likely wingers and their general lack of chemistry I'm not sure that matters much. He has the speed they tend to covet and generally plays a pretty decent north/south downhill game. He doesn't quite check off all the boxes but in this market it's pretty appealing.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Realistically, is their any chance McPhee uses another buyout?

I think we should either trade Chimmer or use it on him. Someone can easily replace him for much cheaper

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland

I think we should either trade Chimmer or use it on him. Someone can easily replace him for much cheaper

I say save it for next season, just to see what's what. I doubt he's ready to use another one now...

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia

Not needed yet. I wouldn't buy out Chimera anyway. We can have 110% of the cap in the offseason. You can find a taker for him absolutely.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Once again it would seem there are a couple of reasonable, entirely possible, moves available that could really make a difference; 2C, top4D. :handclap:

Highly unlikely anything happens though. :shakehead

The problem is, we can only have one or the other with the way our cap is right now.

Poop

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
My 2C list:
1) Whichever quality 2C can be had at a reasonable price
2) Ribeiro (he's a fit with the team)
3) Briere (playoff beast mode)
4) Grabovski
5) Weiss
6) Roy
7) Internal options (Perreault)

My 2LD list:
1) Ballard
2) Ference
3) Lydman (short term)
4) Scuderi (short term)
5) Internal options (Orlov, Schilling)

GMGM's 2C list:
1) Internal options

GMGM's 2LD list:
1) Internal options

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Huge trade in the works. Boston and Dallas close on a deal sending Tyler Seguin to Stars for Loui Eriksson. Other parts involved as well.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Huge trade in the works. Boston and Dallas close on a deal sending Tyler Seguin to Stars for Loui Eriksson. Other parts involved as well.

Here it comes....

People are going to have fits that the Capitals aren't trying to trade for Loui Eriksson.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
You know who seems like a McPhee-type signing? Keaton Ellerby. He's going to be our new Jeff Schultz. :laugh::cry:
Crisis averted:

@mirtle: Kings sign Keaton Ellerby to a one-year deal.

Olesz would be my WTF signing guess.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Curious to see what the final version of the Eriksson-Seguin deal is (namely what Dallas adds). Curious if Eriksson was available before Nill took over. While a deal involving Seguin certainly seems to suggest Dallas has higher aims for the Loui's return, I wonder if something could have been worked around Forsberg and Eriksson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad