Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Filip Kuba is getting a compliance buyout from FLA. Has a NMC, doesn't need to go on waivers. Consider him bought out.

Kind of has McPhee written all over him.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
No thanks on Kuba for me. He needs to be severely protected to look decent and I don't want to saddle Carlson (or Green) with that kind of anchor.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Keith Ballard plz

Kuba is the older version of Schultz.
1878993_orig.gif

BPMrules

Nov 10, 2009
Baltimore, MD
GMGM better get on finding a center soon, too, since it seems pretty clear that Ribeiro isn't coming back, nor is Hendricks, obviously. I don't wanna see us looking like 19-90-21-83 up the middle, because I fear that is what he has in mind, to "save cap space", or "use the pieces we already have". No way that holds up all year.

The D concerns me too, are we gonna just keep Orlov in the minors behind Oleksy, Hillen, Erskine, and Kundratek? I feel like he's a bit of a waste to keep in the AHL, when 3 of the other 4 probably wouldn't crack the top 6 on 85% of most NHL rosters.

I have the feeling we're gonna be taking 2 steps back this year, and getting absolutely beaten up by our opponents in the new division, cause on paper, the current roster looks pretty soft/weak.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
I wouldn't mind giving Ballard a shot since his problems seem to stem more from being misused than anything else, and his mobility fits well with Oates' system. No interest in Kuba though. I've had enough of big defensemen who can't skate and aren't physical.

Liberati0n*

Does anyone have any idea how much Ballard will go for? I'm sure a few teams are thinking he could be worth buying low, but if he could be had for like $2.5M I think I'd be all for it.

butters8814*

I am afraid that gmgm will sit on his hands and do nothing. Saying that the caps have a great team and need no help.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I was a huge Ballard fan when he was in Florida, and the times I saw, he looked decent in Vancouver.

The negative talk about his hockey sense gives me pause, but I'd rather have him partnered with Carlson than Hillen or Erskine.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
I just have this sinking feeling that we're screwed. I don't expect anything. I honestly think GMGM is praying/sacrificing goats to every deity that this team will pull a run out of its ass.

WHAT IS THIS TEAM'S PLAN?

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I was a huge Ballard fan when he was in Florida, and the times I saw, he looked decent in Vancouver.

The negative talk about his hockey sense gives me pause, but I'd rather have him partnered with Carlson than Hillen or Erskine.

I wouldn't mind him on the Caps for cheap.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I just have this sinking feeling that we're screwed. I don't expect anything. I honestly think GMGM is praying/sacrificing goats to every deity that this team will pull a run out of its ass.

WHAT IS THIS TEAM'S PLAN?

I have the same feeling every summer.

StringerBell

Not sure where to ask this, but the Canucks have been linked to discussions with Matt Hendricks and we've had some confusion about what type of role he played for you. Did he play center, wing or a little bit of everything? Also, is he any good or what?

As for Ballard, I think he would be great for you guys if you played him with Carlson. I wouldn't recommend pairing him with Green though.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Alzner-Carlson
Scuderi-Green
Orlov-Oleksy

I'm drooling.

Cap space is the only price to get him. Do it, George. Pay 1M more than the market dictates! I mean 4-4,5M is high... but this D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad