Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Per TSN (sorry, on my phone so no link)

Deadline Buyers

The Orange County Register reports that the Anaheim Ducks will certainly be buyers at the Trade Deadline. The Ducks could be encouraged to make a move to keep pace with other contenders like the Pittsburgh Penguins, who recently acquired Jarome Iginla, Brenden Morrow, and Douglas Murray.

The article mentions Washington Capitals centre Mike Ribeiro as a potential target in what could be a thin trade market.

What do the Ducks have that we would want and that they'd be willing to give up for Rent-a-Ribs?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
i really dont get why people want to trade mojo, it makes very little sense.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
No chance we trade MJ. A young cheap versatile player who has good potential and has been playing well lately.

Yeah...ummm...NO on Jagr!

IF we trade Ribeiro we will get much more than the return for Iginla.

Much more than a 1st and mid level prospect. The market is thin. Ribeiro is having a great year and is a center. And also, unlike Iginla, he doesn't have a NTC which sorta handcuffed Feaster. Calgary had zero leverage but McPhee will have a great deal of it.

Going 1-0-1 over the weekend muddied the waters even more. I seriously doubt we are sellers.

Chances are we will see some classic McPhee dumpster diving in hopes that he will find another Brian Bellows or Esa Tikkanen.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
i really dont get why people want to trade mojo, it makes very little sense.

Agreed, we will not get back equal value for him. The player I compare him to in terms of putting it together is Kadri. You don't think there were more than a few Leafs fans who wanted to trade him ASAP? MJ may not be as good as him, but my point is that it sometimes just clicks all of a sudden. I wouldn't want to nurture him through the growing pains and then let some other team reap the benefits. Unless we get a top 4 LD, I say don't trade.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Jason Pominville asked to provide an 8-team no-trade list. Good top-6 RHW, though the right side seems crowded. As far as lefties go, Alex Burmistrov is a name that (according to Gary Lawless, Jets insider) has popped up recently.

Halpysback*

Burmistrov is interesting as hell. Potential completely off the charts, but currently a total puck hog. Sick sick hands, defensive mainstay, plays way bigger than his size. Needs some serious work to properly reach his potential, and definitely needs out of Winnipeg. Johansson for Burmistrov would be intriguing. Future Zetterberg for Future Datsyuk.

Halpysback*

Burmistrov is a kind of MoJo IMHO.

Much less intimidated by physical play. That can be the difference between developing into Wolski or developing into Kadri. His defects are largely same as Kadri's were he broke out, interestingly enough. Too much hogging the puck, not strong enough physically for the NHL (Kadri's was out of shape I think).

He needs help on a variety of levels but mentally and skillset-wise he's built for success. Probably not in Winnipeg though.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Burmistrov is interesting as hell. Potential completely off the charts, but currently a total puck hog. Sick sick hands, defensive mainstay, plays way bigger than his size. Needs some serious work to properly reach his potential, and definitely needs out of Winnipeg. Johansson for Burmistrov would be intriguing. Future Zetterberg for Future Datsyuk.

Much less intimidated by physical play. That can be the difference between developing into Wolski or developing into Kadri. His defects are largely same as Kadri's were he broke out, interestingly enough. Too much hogging the puck, not strong enough physically for the NHL (Kadri's was out of shape I think).

He needs help on a variety of levels but mentally and skillset-wise he's built for success. Probably not in Winnipeg though.

I'd see if they bite on Perreault+. Small C for small W.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I'd see if they bite on Perreault+. Small C for small W.

Burmi isn't small. At all. Know it firsthand. He maybe isn't heavy enough yet but his frame is more like 6'2" I think. He is listed as 6'1' and 180. Just not bulked up yet.

But they will ask for a #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad