Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They definitely need more at 2LD but the price will be high and the number of clear upgrades is unclear. Erskine should be back soon and they may just roll with him. Not ideal but it's likely slim pickings and they shouldn't get into rental bidding wars. You'd think LW would be the main target up front I guess but there isn't a whole lot there either it seems.

I still think McPhee will prefer making hockey trades rather than trading futures for a rental or two but those take considerable groundwork. Plus there's chemistry to consider so I don't expect much unless it's junk out, cherished garbage in.

Last edited:

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
I imagine Bouwmeester and Giordano could be had, and with Feaster it may not be too expensive.

It won't happen, but Jagr's puck possession ability could help the top 6 a lot(I expect backlash for bringing that name up).

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I still think McPhee will prefer making hockey trades rather than trading futures for a rental or two but those take considerable groundwork. Plus there's chemistry to consider so I don't expect much unless it's junk out, cherished garbage in.

agree, dont see us being a big player

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
They definitely need more at 2LD but the price will be high and the number of clear upgrades is unclear. Erskine should be back soon and they may just roll with him. Not ideal but it's likely slim pickings and they shouldn't get into rental bidding wars. You'd think LW would be the main target up front I guess but there isn't a whole lot there either it seems.

Leopold went for a 2nd and a 5th. GMGM only uses those premium picks on premium talents like Joe Corvo and Eric Belanger for his generation teams.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Sure and Arnott as well but all that says they don't value them very much (unfortunately). That fifth turns into a fourth if STL wins a round so that's a pretty strong return for BUF.

I'd rather not move a second yet again for a marginal at best upgrade. Something like Ryan Whitney and Jochen Hecht would be typical enough as far as rentals I guess but overall it's still hard to peg the rental supply.

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009
GMGM will be content to ride this team for better or worse. 4 days left and no movement on the Ribs situation. This goes on much longer Ribs will walk for free. we will get ousted from the playoffs ( if we make it) earlier and life goes on. This team gets no better for next year and the dmen stay the same with Schultz being on the opening day roster.

This is the life of a Caps fan.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Johansson, Neuvirth, and a 2nd should be enough get anyone on the market.

As soon as GMGM resigns Ribeiro, I'm for moving MAJO and Neuvirth. They both Charmin soft. What else would have to be added to acquire the likes of Giordano from Calgary:

MAJO/Neuvirth/Kundratek or Schultz:crossfing for Giordano

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
As soon as GMGM resigns Ribeiro, I'm for moving MAJO and Neuvirth. They both Charmin soft. What else would have to be added to acquire the likes of Giordano from Calgary:

MAJO/Neuvirth/Kundratek or Schultz:crossfing for Giordano

Problem with trading MaJo right now is...like it or not....he's a top 6 LW. So we would need a vet W to fill the role (Jagr?). Fehr was our stopgap top 6 player, and he's now hurt...who knows how long.

So we ship MaJo out, we need another vet Winger, end of story.

I personally like Jagr in that role, he would add a lot to our powerplay, and could even hold his own line if we want to have 3 options (Outside of Ribs line, and Ovy/Backs line). I know he is a true 4 letter word around here, but its not about that right now...its Ovy's team, period end. Jagr would just be a hired gun.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Problem with trading MaJo right now is...like it or not....he's a top 6 LW. So we would need a vet W to fill the role (Jagr?). Fehr was our stopgap top 6 player, and he's now hurt...who knows how long.

So we ship MaJo out, we need another vet Winger, end of story.

I personally like Jagr in that role, he would add a lot to our powerplay, and could even hold his own line if we want to have 3 options (Outside of Ribs line, and Ovy/Backs line). I know he is a true 4 letter word around here, but its not about that right now...its Ovy's team, period end. Jagr would just be a hired gun.

Dude, seriously, who are you and what have you done with Ridley Simon?!?!?!?

Jagr? Jaromir Jagr? Sweet Jesus! Ideas like this are enough reason to back the tank.

I almost said I wouldn't trade Schultz straight up if it meant bringing that ****er back to the Caps, but for Schultz, yeah ok. :laugh:

But seriously, you be willing to give up assets -- in addition of course to your immortal soul which is always the real price of deal with the devil ;) -- to bring that POS back?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad