Waived: Aaron Palushaj placed on waivers (UPD: Claimed by Colorado)

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
What is best for him. He is probably really excited to go to COL. He will get much more playing time that he could of ever dreamed of in MTL.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He didn't play 41 consecutive games though. He bounced up and down all year. I thought he looked awful in his first couple of stints, but near the end of last season he looked quite good on the 4th line, good enough imo to have at least warranted a look in a more involved position. However, he did get passed on the depth chart, so I'm not gonna complain that he didn't get his chance. I hope he does well in Colorado.

Ironically, Palushaj kind of ended up in the same boat as D'agostini in the end (expect the former didn't get traded). Both just weren't good enough to keep a spot in the lineup and had to pass through waivers to be sent down. The case of D'agostini we opted for a trade (which I don't think would have been possible with Palushaj, never showed as much as D'agostini did, but let's face D'agostini wasn't jaw dropping good).

I just hope that if Palushaj does well we don't whine that Bergevin let an asset go for nothing with taking into account the context of Palushaj's movement.

Do you know what the alternative was?
Sending Gallagher down OR waiving Weber.

Bergevin took the right decision, regardless of what happens with Palushaj, if he can get more than a 6th rounder for Weber.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
So... why was he on waivers anyway?

He wasn't going to crack the Habs line-up and didn't even look good for Hamilton, so whatever. Best of luck to him.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Do you know what the alternative was?
Sending Gallagher down OR waiving Weber.

Bergevin took the right decision, regardless of what happens with Palushaj, if he can get more than a 6th rounder for Weber.

Yes, I know. I said I hope people remember the context in which we lost Palushaj if he ever does well in Colorado, instead of resorting to "OMG WE LOST DA PLYER FOR NATING"

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Yes, I know. I said I hope people remember the context in which we lost Palushaj if he ever does well in Colorado, instead of resorting to "OMG WE LOST DA PLYER FOR NATING"

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Hope Palushaj clears. Hamilton needs him. I doubt anybody gives much thought about taking him though.

Damn, that really bites. You had the feeling that someone would claim him though.

Hamilton suffers the most from this.

Seriously not calling you out or anything, but this just amused me after reading those posts one after the other. :laugh:

I hope Aaron gets a fair shake over there. He was too low on the depth chart and kept getting passed by others. Really unfortunate for Hamilton too, they could really use some hands on the wing.

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
So... why was he on waivers anyway?

He wasn't going to crack the Habs line-up and didn't even look good for Hamilton, so whatever. Best of luck to him.

Was on habs IR and was now good to play. To be sent down, had to be put through waivers.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Seriously not calling you out or anything, but this just amused me after reading those posts one after the other. :laugh:

I hope Aaron gets a fair shake over there. He was too low on the depth chart and kept getting passed by others. Really unfortunate for Hamilton too, they could really use some hands on the wing.

I'm like that. One morning I'm a little country, the next I'm a little rock and roll.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
I wonder if Bergevin shopped him at all before putting him on waiver?
Good luck to Aaron i Colorado!

Some hilarious comments in the TSN article:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415289

A Leaf fan called the Grabovsky trade the worst of the decade!

And someone made a list of goalies better than Price:
"Quick, Schneider, Rask, Fleury, Howard, Halak/Elliot, Niemi..."

Hmm, yeah...

brokentwigg

Feb 13, 2012
Habs fans love to eat their young then question why they worked out elsewhere.

Absolutely!!!!

We've seen it already with Leblanc and I said it last year, Lou needs to learn to play at both ends of the rink. There is an offensive responsibility but not at the cost of being a defensive liability.

For those of you who have never excelled at the pro level, there is alot of pressure and some handle it better than others. Give these kids some time to mature, "learn" the game, and you will be rewarded!

Good luck in Mile High.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad