Waived: Aaron Palushaj placed on waivers (UPD: Claimed by Colorado)

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Are you equally a fan of the Bulldogs and the Habs? I'm not and I don't regret the potential loss of Palushaj. I thought the trade that brought him him was unwise.

I don't support the loss of an asset for nothing for any reason.

And, as I said, I think he can help our farm club, which desperately needs the help. Has nothing to do with being a fan of the Dogs, it's more in the belief that a better team and a winning atmosphere is better for all our prospects. Not that I think the addition of Palushaj to Hamilton will create a 180 turnaround, but it would be a help at least.

Habtchum*

And, as I said, I think he can help our farm club, which desperately needs the help. Has nothing to do with being a fan of the Dogs, it's more in the belief that a better team and a winning atmosphere is better for all our prospects. Not that I think the addition of Palushaj to Hamilton will create a 180 turnaround, but it would be a help at least.

Maybe Palushaj was sick and tired being yo-yoed in the Habs organisation and demanded to be released ???

This guy is really nothing special. He cannot play in ourt bottom two lines. And he is not strong and good enough to be a top-two liner. We have many better wingers in the system or in junior.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Maybe Palushaj was sick and tired being yo-yoed in the Habs organisation and demanded to be released ???

This guy is really nothing special. He cannot play in ourt bottom two lines. And he is not strong and good enough to be a top-two liner. We have many better wingers in the system or in junior.

I doubt that. He had to be waived once he was healthy to play in Hamilton. Looks like standard operating procedure to me.

And either way, the "treatment" he's gotten in Montreal hasn't been any different than what he'd be getting elsewhere, I'd wager.

Habtchum*

I doubt that. He had to be waived once he was healthy to play in Hamilton. Looks like standard operating procedure to me.

And either way, the "treatment" he's gotten in Montreal hasn't been any different than what he'd be getting elsewhere, I'd wager.

How come ? Isn't it a weird rule (???).

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
How come ? Isn't it a weird rule (???).

A player can't be sent back in the AHL when he's not healthy. The Habs had Palushaj up there since training camp. They sent him back since he's healthy again, and he has to go through waivers.

Habtchum*

A player can't be sent back in the AHL when he's not healthy. The Habs had Palushaj up there since training camp. They sent him back since he's healthy again, and he has to go through waivers.

But Palushaj was playing in Hamilton earlier this season before the lockout ? He was just at the training camp and did not play any single game. Anyway. No big loss if he is picked up, but I doubt he will.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
But Palushaj was playing in Hamilton earlier this season before the lockout ? He was just at the training camp and did not play any single game. Anyway. No big loss if he is picked up, but I doubt he will.

both Blunden and St Denis also didnt play a single game and had to go through waivers.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

If Palushaj would be a "help" the Bulldogs must be in desperate shape.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Good news for the Dogs as they can't get much worse after losing 7 of their last 8 games. :shakehead :baghead: Hopefully he'll be fired up and can put a few goals in the back of the net as the Dogs are a real mess right now.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I hope this can rejuvenate Leblanc.

__?__ - Leblanc - Palushaj

Gotta give Leblanc 1st line minutes...gotta.
Hamilton exists as an ice-time machine for our prospects.
1st Rnd prospect (Leblanc)...gotta give him the minutes to succeed.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
If Palushaj would be a "help" the Bulldogs must be in desperate shape.

Palushaj was a point per game player last year in Hamilton and he's only 23, that's not too shabby. Let's not act like he's the scum of the earth here.

But yes, yes they are in desperate shape.

Analyzer*

If a team claimed him, they'd have to keep him on their roster.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Are you equally a fan of the Bulldogs and the Habs? I'm not and I don't regret the potential loss of Palushaj. I thought the trade that brought him him was unwise.

It was a trade to buy time. D'Agostini was finishing his ELC and we had no spot for him as a guaranteed one-way player. We would have lost him on waivers. We traded him for a younger guy who still had upside. Now, granted that upside has not really been seen yet, but it was a reasonable gamble. Palushaj was a mid-second round pick from a good College.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Sucking on the Blues, but there no less.
Sucking? He's played fine so far this year. He just doesn't fit into their Top-6, and while he's improved defensively, they've got better options on their third lines. He's in a similar situation to Lars Eller here.. do you think Eller sucks?

The Blues top-9 is;
Perron - Backes - Oshie
Steen - McDonald - Tarasenko
Sobotka - Berglund - Stewart

D'Ago, offensively, is as talented (or more-so) than Sobotka and Stwart, but they just fit the third line better than him.

Langenbrunner also doesn't play often either, and I think he could still contribute on other teams.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Well, that's the end of that chapter. Now let's see how this "Weber" thing is going to turn out...

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Damn, that really bites. You had the feeling that someone would claim him though.

Hamilton suffers the most from this.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad