Aaron Ekblad vs Leon Draisaitl

• Ekblad

• Draisaitl

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Toews is on a dumb contract too .
And drai is not bettrr than toews.
What has drai won? Youre talking silly now.

Ekblad is closer to his valur than drai is
And stop acting as if drai is a top 10 centre in the league or something
He's a 2c on the jets
He's a 2c even on buffalo
And Scheifele is a 2c on the oilers, I guess that makes him a 2c.

Toews? in Draisaitl's 3rd season he topped Toews career high.

You say im talking silly? I guess not very many people care about your opinion.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
And Scheifele is a 2c on the oilers, I guess that makes him a 2c.

Toews? in Draisaitl's 3rd season he topped Toews career high.

You say im talking silly? I guess not very many people care about your opinion.

Does toews not have multiple selke and multiple cups as a 1c?
I guess drai is better than bergeron too eh

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Does toews not have multiple selke and multiple cups as a 1c?
I guess drai is better than bergeron too eh
What he's done in the past, doesn't matter for what hes doing now?

Why are you ignorant about that, who cares what he did in the past.

I guess Perry > Laine right now.

Laine has yet to win anything.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
What he's done in the past, doesn't matter for what hes doing now?

Why are you ignorant about that, who cares what he did in the past.

I guess Perry > Laine right now.

Laine has yet to win anything.

When you say things like "he's a better hockey player" you're not just saying he'a better atm.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I already said toews has a bad contract so i dont know what point youre trtibg to make

The point I am trying to make is you see to be judging the players you mention on different sets of standards designed to support your opinion. And its not working

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
When you say things like "he's a better hockey player" you're not just saying he'a better atm.
When people say hes better at hockey, why would i refer to the past? If I was referring to his past, maybe I would of said his career has been better.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
When people say hes better at hockey, why would i refer to the past? If I was referring to his past, maybe I would of said his career has been better.

Because a couple good seasons doesnt erase somones history
Fedor emelianenko is one of the greatest of all time, but he's getting old. Just because someone younger doesnt make them a better fighter. Maybe more athetlic

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Because a couple good seasons doesnt erase somones history
Fedor emelianenko is one of the greatest of all time, but he's getting old. Just because someone younger doesnt make them a better fighter. Maybe more athetlic
I'm not erasing their history? I am stating that at this moment someone else is better than them.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I wasnt saying ehlers would've been the better pick, but the speed would stupid

They would be very fast. Speed isn't everything though.

I'd rather take buff at 7.6 than drai at 8.5

I'll take ekblad who fills bigger needa on defense than centre who got a big paycheque playing winger

In other words
Ekblad is close to his value than drai is

Sorry to jump in, but Buf isn't really relevant in this discussion. He's 1.5x better than Ekblad and I'd want him over drai too. Ekblad isn't as good as Buf and by comparison is overpaid.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Ekblad had a bounce back year, maintaining solid points, playing at a serviceable top pairing rate, nothing extraordinary redraft he is still a top 3 player in 2014.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Draisaitl for sure. Ekblad's play has gone down every year he's been in the league and his concussion history is scary.

I still think he'll be a fine defensemen when it's all said and done but there is no way you want to take that contract and risk.

Wrong. His play was far better last year than the year before.

Reactions: Deam78

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Draisaitl for me. I like Ekblad but expectations were thrown way out of whack after his rookie year. Hes a solid D but hes still got a ways to go and the concussions and lack of progression in skating ability have hindered him.

Unfortunately, sometimes it looks like hes following Bogosians career path, both highly, highly hyped D prospects, both had good rookie years, but both had injuries and lack of progression in the seasons after

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Ekblad doesn't have injury issues.
And the reason why he had troubles after his second season was because organizational management (ownership) went into circus mode, right in the mist of his development years. One of the biggest examples of the circus, was ownership cutting Gallant loose. Gallant was the best thing for Ekblad's development.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
And the reason why he had troubles after his second season was because organizational management (ownership) went into circus mode, right in the mist of his development years. One of the biggest examples of the circus, was ownership cutting Gallant loose. Gallant was the best thing for Ekblad's development.

He played all 82 games last year.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Ekblad was also about as sheltered as possible under gallant

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Eklbad has had 3 confirmed concussions and a rumoured 4th one. Anyone with as many concussions as seasons played in the NHL has injury issues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad