Aaron Ekblad or Leon Draisaitl

Aaron Ekblad vs Leon Draisaitl

• Ekblad

• Draisaitl

Results are only viewable after voting.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Starting from scratch, probably Draisaitl, but like...I don't see a huge gap between them.

If I was the current oilers, probably Ekblad, since we need a D and have McDavid. Im sure my own fanbase will hang me by my ankles now!...

Hindsight would tell us they are easily 1/2 in that Draft. Ehlers was a nice pickup at 9 though. Chevy farm!

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Ekblad needs to prove he's healthy before you can even consider taking him.

Reactions: bert

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Draisatl. I don't think Ekblad can be a franchise #1. Hes not dynamic enough. He will be a solid top pairing guy for a decade though. His ceiling will probably be Weber without the huge shot.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Starting from scratch, probably Draisaitl, but like...I don't see a huge gap between them.

If I was the current oilers, probably Ekblad, since we need a D and have McDavid. Im sure my own fanbase will hang me by my ankles now!...

Hindsight would tell us they are easily 1/2 in that Draft. Ehlers was a nice pickup at 9 though. Chevy farm!
Ehlers and McDavid on the same line lol

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Ehlers and McDavid on the same line lol

I'm sure the line would be good, but Ekblad, despite his injuries, is a more important piece. We already have a couple of young wingers who we are hoping will develop into Ehlers or a lesser version of Ehlers. At some point we need defence in order to go deep and guys like Russell, as useful as they are sometimes, can't be depended on in big minutes or situations.

No disrespect to Ehlers but I don't see him as a franchise guy that you try to build a team around. Really good player though, hopefully he can carry forward his production.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Draisaitl for sure. Ekblad's play has gone down every year he's been in the league and his concussion history is scary.

I still think he'll be a fine defensemen when it's all said and done but there is no way you want to take that contract and risk.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think Draisaitl has been the better player the past 2 years, so I’d go with him.

I am a fan of Ekblad though, I think he’ll turn out to be like Erik Johnson, not the Norris guy everyone expected, but still a quality top pairing guy

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I'm sure the line would be good, but Ekblad, despite his injuries, is a more important piece. We already have a couple of young wingers who we are hoping will develop into Ehlers or a lesser version of Ehlers. At some point we need defence in order to go deep and guys like Russell, as useful as they are sometimes, can't be depended on in big minutes or situations.

No disrespect to Ehlers but I don't see him as a franchise guy that you try to build a team around. Really good player though, hopefully he can carry forward his production.

I wasnt saying ehlers would've been the better pick, but the speed would stupid

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You use AINEC way too loosely
It's pretty close lol
Especially considering contracts

Ekblad himself is making 7.5M so contracts don't really help.

I'd go with Drai today pretty easily, Ekblad gets into the race with improved skating.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
1 of them is much better at hockey than the other, well worth the 1m.
I'd rather take buff at 7.6 than drai at 8.5

I'll take ekblad who fills bigger needa on defense than centre who got a big paycheque playing winger

In other words
Ekblad is close to his value than drai is

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

I'll take ekblad who fills bigger needa on defense than centre who got a big paycheque playing winger
And Drai is better at hockey than Toews, who makes 2m more than Draisaitl.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
And Drai is better at hockey than Toews, who makes 2m more than Draisaitl.

Toews is on a dumb contract too .
And drai is not bettrr than toews.
What has drai won? Youre talking silly now.

Ekblad is closer to his valur than drai is
And stop acting as if drai is a top 10 centre in the league or something
He's a 2c on the jets
He's a 2c even on buffalo

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

In other words
Ekblad is close to his value than drai is
Ekblad isnt even a 5m players, Drai is a 7m at the very least, I dont think your math works out.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Toews is on a dumb contract too .
And drai is not bettrr than toews.
What has drai won? Youre talking silly now.

Ekblad is closer to his valur than drai is
And stop acting as if drai is a top 10 centre in the league or something
He's a 2c on the jets
He's a 2c even on buffalo

Are you for real or just trying to stir the pot?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad