macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

The game sounded pretty good, it was as if they were a real team with hopes and desires. Where did this team come from and where has it been all season?

parallel.jpg

Maybe I should have cut my cable sooner, it might have saved the Jets season...:sarcasm: We play the Flyers on Wednesday, let's hope they can put up another "Gritty" performance... See you then!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So the big question is… WHY?
Why do they play so well when the pressure is off?
I’ve posted many times over the years but I’ll ask again. Are we over-coached? Too much thinking, not enough playing?
My question, too.

Could not watch the game. Sounds like Jets played great. What did they do differently?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Avs looked as disinterested as the Jets on most nights.

Samberg needs to be with the big club out of camp next Fall.
Nice game by Harkins
El Capitan had a good night as well.
Morrissey has just been flat out good. Put him in a proper structure and he’s a top pairing guy. He just needs someone else who is as well.
Connor getting 50 would be a nice consolation prize for him this year. He’s been fantastic game in game out and deserves better than what has transpired this season.
Nice dangle by Lowry, too bad he didn’t finish it. It’s bizarre how he can pull off things like that every so often and be just offensively void the rest of the time.

Season from hell almost over.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
My question, too.

Could not watch the game. Sounds like Jets played great. What did they do differently?
If I had to use one word, it would be “attacked”.
They forechecked, disrupted, went to the net, took a lot of shots and we’re in place for rebounds.
They were much less tentative. And as we’ve seen before, they play much better when they attack.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Remember when I was pissed off that we traded for Sanford because he would block Harkins and/or Svechnikov from getting opportunities?
It was happening before Sanford arrived anyway. To this day I just don’t understand what the Jets are trying to accomplish in developing it’s young players in middle to bottom 6 roles. It’s a never ending parade of offensively challenged, one dimensional players at the expense of their own. They have no real investment in Svech but their approach with Harkins is just nonsensical.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I know the Avs are in a sluml BUT The Jets played a more basic game. Pucks to the net , 44 shots. Bodys to the net . Way better back pressure and coverage. Basic sound hockey. How much of that change is because we are missing our prima donna center.
They lost the last 4 without him. I liked the game tonight but they have to do that 60 times in the regular season! I do think Harkins found a spot and the subtraction of Schmidt shored up the defence but the pp is still missing a big shot from the point and a win in garbage time is like getting snow at the end of April!

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad