" A team drafted a prospect in the 1st rnd that we had ranked in the 7th rnd" Director of Scouting

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Wow !

Darren Pang on NHL network just said that a Director of Scouting told him last night that a team drafted a prospect in the 1st round that his team team had ranked in the 7th rnd.

Who are your guesses on who the draftee was ?

Has there been a bigger reach before ? From 7th rnd to 1st rnd ?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Its definitely not merkley. He's not a surprise at all to go in the bottom half of the first. Not every team will see the same attitude issues.

Scouting services rank by potential. Not attitude issues. CSS will never have a no draft list because of attitude that's not their job.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I am with Merkley. My guess is a team said if Merkley somehow lasts till the 7th round we will just take a chance on him then

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Its not Merkley... Merkley is either in the top 3 rounds or is in the "won't pick no matter what".
There is no chance a team has him ranked in the 7th round and even if it was the case I don't see why a gm would say "A team drafted a prospect in the 1st rnd that we had ranked in the 7th rnd" when Merkley is seen as a 1st round talent.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
definitely Kupari for me if it isn't Merkley. At least Merkley easily had top 5 to 10 talent and has issues with character, there is very little about Kupari that impresses me.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Wow !

Darren Pang on NHL network just said that a Director of Scouting told him last night that a team drafted a prospect in the 1st round that his team team had ranked in the 7th rnd.

Who are your guesses on who the draftee was ?

Has there been a bigger reach before ? From 7th rnd to 1st rnd ?
Guys who teams have on there no-draft list get drafted in the 1st. For example, Josh Ho-Sang and Jared McCann in 2014, Kyle Beach in 2008, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad