Proposal: A ridiculous trade proposal - MTL and EDM

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Switch RNH to Drai and Nurse......still doubt Montreal would do it.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
He absolutely has generational potential. If Dahlin was Canadian, his hype would be absurd right now.
I've heard many wonderful things, true. I've watched video and he looks like he is the undisputed #1 pick for a reason. No one has used the word "generational". I've read and heard things like "franchise defining" and "the best player to come out of Sweden in years" and "exceptional". Even if he is as good as Karlsson... does that make him generational? Nope.
It just makes him awesome. Also someone I would want the Oilers to go after full bore.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
I don't think the value is too far out, but the Oilers getting Dahlin while only losing RNH would probably make them cup favorites for a decade.

Then again we've been saying stuff like this this for years.

Can we add Price to the deal for picks/prospects? Then the Oilers could have the best forward, defenceman and goalie in the league.

Reactions: TrentonF

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
How os 1st OA and 5th OA a wash? A generational defenseman vs a top 6 winger/top line winger? Imo Nuge + 1st (19/top 5 protected) + 5th OA for 1st OA + Patches is close, Oilers should take this and run, especially if Patches agrees to a 3-6 year extension, Patches would tear it up in Edmonton, and so should Dahlin, give your head a shake, that's easily ripping the Habs off, as a Flames fan I'd be begging Montreal to decline this, easily makes the Oilers a playoff team and possibly a contender.

As much as I like RNH, I don't think he could be the center of a deal including Dahlin. If it was Eichel, Matthews or McDavid, would you have done a similar deal? Dahlin will be right there with them in a year and a half.

I am probably one of Nuge's biggest supporters on the Oiler board but if the deal was

To Edmonton: Dahlin, Patches

To Montreal: 2018 1st, Nuge, Klefbom

I'd do that deal for sure. If the Habs get lucky that deal could work out well for them because some of the guys in the 4-6 spot have potential to be really top end players. But Dahlin is so close to an automatic that you have to take the chance if you are the Oilers. In the short run it also free's up enough cap space to add another winger.

Honestly, that offer probably gets you Dahlin alone without Pacs. He's that good.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
easy no for the oilers
1sts are somewhat a wash but another first and Nuge.

So the oilers trade nuge and a first for 1 year of Patches? Too much. Oiler fans can disagree with me--but Nuge has shown this year--before getting injured he is better then some gave him credit for. Before getting injured he had 33 pts in 47 games

So Edmonton gets a player who is a 30 year old free agent next season and gives up an extra 1st?

Not really understanding how this is a good trade for Edmonton. Based on the current standings (discounting any unpredictable good/bad fortune because of lottery balls), Montreal would get the 5th overall, whereas Edmonton would get the 6th overall. That's pretty close.

So one year of Patches versus Nuge is an extra 1st round in 2019? Doesn't seem to make sense.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Not really understanding how this is a good trade for Edmonton. Based on the current standings (discounting any unpredictable good/bad fortune because of lottery balls), Montreal would get the 5th overall, whereas Edmonton would get the 6th overall. That's pretty close.

So one year of Patches versus Nuge is an extra 1st round in 2019? Doesn't seem to make sense.
Maybe you would understand it if you read the OP's post. Here i'll give you a glimps.

{ So, let's say Montreal through luck and a continuin downward spiral ends up with the 1st overall pick.
And let's say Edmonton ends up with the 5th overall pick.]
1st overall vrs 5th overall is not close.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017

How to forum 101:
1) Read the OP
2) Comment

Reactions: Luc Labelle

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
As much as I like RNH, I don't think he could be the center of a deal including Dahlin. If it was Eichel, Matthews or McDavid, would you have done a similar deal? Dahlin will be right there with them in a year and a half.

Honestly, that offer probably gets you Dahlin alone without Pacs. He's that good.

I'm saying that the oilers would run with this, not saying anything on the Habs side, but RNH would be their clear 1C (playing with guys like Drouin and Gallagher) would probably help spark his talent, I used to be a huge Nuge fan in juniors, he was a talented player especially when we practiced together before, but I didn't play in the juniors got injured in Ban and Midg a lot so my downlow play was losing the pose and stature, this kid had skills would show up at most of the game's, with a fresh start and better linemates I think he could flourish

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

Maybe you would understand it if you read the OP's post. Here i'll give you a glimps.

{ So, let's say Montreal through luck and a continuin downward spiral ends up with the 1st overall pick.
And let's say Edmonton ends up with the 5th overall pick.]
1st overall vrs 5th overall is not close.

Fair enough. Its an imaginary scenario. My bad.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
OK, I am just bored and thinking if this is realistic or not.

So, let's say Montreal through luck and a continuin downward spiral ends up with the 1st overall pick.
And let's say Edmonton ends up with the 5th overall pick.

Would you, if you were Edmonton and if you were Montreal do the following:

Mtl trades 1st pick in 2018 and Max Pacioretty
Edm trades 1st pick in 2018 and 2019 and RNH

Montreal acquires a center they need, not the 1C but a very good 2C who on this team is a easily a 1C, along with 2 picks to begin their "re-tool".

Edmonton gets to bring in a generational defender to go with their generational 1C. Along with 1 year of a solid winger to play alongside him.

Is this a fair trade? Is anyone over/underpaying here?
Montreal could easily get a 1c with the first overall pick so why would they do this

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

So, let's say Montreal through luck and a continuin downward spiral ends up with the 1st overall pick.

Montreal acquires a center they need, not the 1C but a very good 2C who on this team is a easily a 1C, along with 2 picks to begin their "re-tool".

Edmonton gets to bring in a generational defender to go with their generational 1C. Along with 1 year of a solid winger to play alongside him.

Edit

Nobody trades Dahlin

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

The 1st overall pick one for one could net you any player in the league with the exception of McDavid. RNH,:laugh:

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Yeah, OP's proposal stinks worse that the seat of Therrien's old chair in the coaches office (assuming it wasn't incinerated the moment he was fired). Unless McDavid is coming back, no f***ing was is Dahlin traded for RNH, Drai, or any combo.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Yeah, OP's proposal stinks worse that the seat of Therrien's old chair in the coaches office (assuming it wasn't incinerated the moment he was fired). Unless McDavid is coming back, no ****ing was is Dahlin traded for RNH, Drai, or any combo.

You are truly delusional if you even mention McDavid's name in this thread. What the hell is wrong with you?

Making a statement like that automatically gets Oiler fan's ire up. Don't do that. No one is taking shots at Montreal. No one is asking for your best player for a pick.

Oiler fans aren't interested in trading Draisiaitl even for a potential star like Dahlin. This is even assuming the Habs land the 1OA, which, odds are, they won't.

Considering how valuable D-men are, and how highly touted Dhalin is, why would any franchise do this? Take the pick and develop this young player into something special. Sell season tickets on the strength of that.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
And you are truly pants on head silly of you think RNH or Drai would get Dahlin. We'll have to agree to disagree then.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
And you are truly pants on head silly of you think RNH or Drai would get Dahlin. We'll have to agree to disagree then.

Okay...

The boards, for whatever reason, really over values picks and prospects over players who are actually in the league and doing well. Further, there is a real media hype machine that is out there designed to sell magazines and get clicks. Maybe we can dial it back a bit on Dahlin.

From 2012:

"The feisty, dynamic, explosive right-winger who possesses a heat-seeking one-timer (1:00 mark of video) is simply electrifying with the ability to cause a jaw-dropping reaction to all those watching his super array of skills. He is destined to become one of the true must-see players around the league. Fans in hockey cities everywhere will be circling the dates when [he] comes to town when he is inevitably donning NHL battle colours." -The Hockey Writers

That player was Nail Yakupov. He had been favorably compared to Pavel Bure. Do you see my point?

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Okay...

The boards, for whatever reason, really over values picks and prospects over players who are actually in the league and doing well. Further, there is a real media hype machine that is out there designed to sell magazines and get clicks. Maybe we can dial it back a bit on Dahlin.

From 2012:

"The feisty, dynamic, explosive right-winger who possesses a heat-seeking one-timer (1:00 mark of video) is simply electrifying with the ability to cause a jaw-dropping reaction to all those watching his super array of skills. He is destined to become one of the true must-see players around the league. Fans in hockey cities everywhere will be circling the dates when [he] comes to town when he is inevitably donning NHL battle colours." -The Hockey Writers

That player was Nail Yakupov. He had been favorably compared to Pavel Bure. Do you see my point?

By that logic, you should have traded the 1OV that became McDavid for an established 1C like Monahan or Scheifele then. After all, even with the tremendous hype, he was still a "magic bean".

Dahlin is going to become, baring chronic injuries, one of the premier defencemen in this league. I'm not saying that is worth more, or even as much as McDavid, but there is no other player in the league that I would trade the 1OA for one for one. It's probably moot anyways, since the Habs chance of winning the lottery are slim. Hell, you guys might get him for free in 3 months anyways.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Habs would easily pass
We can use a Dahlin too since our stupid GM was dumb enough to not only trade Subban but Sergachev as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad