News Article: A message from Glen Sather and Jeff Gorton

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
To me, "blaming everyone" means not blaming anyone at all.

Where's the accountability?

I put a **** roster together, and this coach did nothing but exacerbate that problem.

That's what I would've said.
You can't be serious. Honestly. This has got to be satire, right?

Saying everyone is to blame is absolutely fair. That doesn't mean no one is getting the blame. It means every one has ****ed up a bit.

Regarding the GM, no one is going to come out and say something like that. It would reek of being unprofessional. I would want Gorton fired if he did come out and say that.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Gorton always does, he's a weird dude. Obviously likes to be behind the scenes.

Not that weird. Even as someone with a bunch of employees talking to your own staff, even a group of them, isn't the same as standing at a podium with a ton of people staring at you and asking questions. Especially since he doesn't do that often.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Gorton always does, he's a weird dude. Obviously likes to be behind the scenes.

I'm reading into it a little too much but he had that look like he just got reamed out.
He wouldn't even look at Sather when he said, he has a lot of work to do lol

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
This makes me think they are more likely to be actually trading Mac and Zucc sooner rather than later. Preemptive damage control for trading away fan favorites.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
100% right.

Not to be an ass but some people just love to complain for the sake of complaining. No reasonable person could watch that press conference and come away with a concrete conclusion that AV will be here next year.

Just because Jeff Gorton is a professional and didn't completely throw AV under the bus, that doesn't mean AV is safe. It means Gorton recognizes that problems start at the top. He said AV is partially to blame, as is the GM, the players, etc.

People are reacting like they've never seen a presser -- of any kind -- before. The presser wasn't billed as Public Lynching of Alain Vigneault. That they put out an official message and held a presser to address this rotting corpse speaks volumes already about the state of affairs. Normally sh t would be flowed down through the press.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Just had a somber thought... what if they made this statement because after last night’s gong show Hank walked into JG’s office and said “I can’t do this, find me a team that compete while I still have something left in the tank”. I doubt it, but it crossed my mind and it would be pretty sad.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
I'm reading into it a little too much but he had that look like he just got reamed out.
He wouldn't even look at Sather when he said, he has a lot of work to do lol

He just looked like an uncomfortable public speaker to me, it's not like he's in front of cameras all that often and he looks like that every time he is.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
He actually said that EVERYONE is to blame, and that it's not all on one thing. That includes himself, the coach, the players, etc. Thought it was a good answer, because it's true.

Which basically means everyone from Sather on down is running the team? To me at least it sort of confirms my suspicion the hierarchy is more of a democracy, where it's plausible Sather still has the overriding majority vote rather than Gorton is making the final calls.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
To me, "blaming everyone" means not blaming anyone at all.

Where's the accountability?

I put a **** roster together, and this coach did nothing but exacerbate that problem.

That's what I would've said.

If that's what you think then I don't know what to tell you. What he was saying was clear as day.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
My guess is thry are preparing the fans for a McDonagh for nothing trade. Meaning McD for just the futures that casual fans think ate nothing.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
I hate that the ugly, obnoxious owner is there with that gigantic, fake smile when they are signing or trading for big names but is a ghost when things go bad.

With the Knicks losing Porzingas for who knows how long, I wonder if Dolan went on a complete tirade last night or this morning, forcing Gorton and Sather to do this.

Sather has never respected the media or fans enough to be so "transparent"...I am surprised he is even in NY.

Something big is up...

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
They should have a ceremony to raise this letter to the rafters

Just haul a single cell phone up there and pay a guy to take it off of sleep mode every 30 seconds.

Reactions: hi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad