News Article: A message from Glen Sather and Jeff Gorton

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
February 8, 2018

Dear broadwayblue ,

As a Season Ticket Member, we consider you a part of the New York Rangers family, and always want to ensure we share important news about the organization directly with you. Today, we want to talk to you about the future.

As you know, since the 2005–06 season, we have been a highly competitive team. We have played 129 playoff games, won the Presidents' Trophy, reached the Conference Finals three times, as well as the Stanley Cup Final. While we're proud of all those accomplishments – we didn't reach our ultimate goal of bringing the Stanley Cup back to New York.

So as we do every season, we have been continuously evaluating our team, looking for areas that can be improved to enhance our chances of winning. We began the process of reshaping our team this past summer, when we traded for assets that we believe will help us in the years to come. As we approach the trade deadline later this month and into the summer, we will be focused on adding young, competitive players that combine speed, skill and character. This may mean we lose some familiar faces, guys we all care about and respect. While this is part of the game, it's never easy. Our promise to you is that our plans will be guided by our singular commitment: ensuring we are building the foundation for our next Stanley Cup contender.

There are no fans like Rangers fans. You are passionate, loyal and true. You fill The Garden every night, and we always know there will be a strong showing from RangersTown in every building across the League. We do not take your support for granted. We appreciate that you have always stood by us, and we ask you to remain by our side as we undertake this exciting new chapter filled with promise and change.

We will keep you informed as this process takes shape. Thank you for the incredible loyalty, pride and respect you show to the New York Rangers, each and every day.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
DViJQs0W0AYq2_T.jpg

Good message from them. Well-written and sincere. I mean it said "RangersTown" but I can't have everything

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Well... I guess that’s aimed at the casuals who are going to lose their minds when we start making moves. Damage control/PR for the NY fan base that expects playoffs every year. But perhaps it also means they know they are about to make a significant move or two. Like, they know for sure they’re going to pull the trigger. Because publishing this only to trade Grabner and Nash would be a bit weird.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Gorton staying coy on whether or not AV will be the coach next season.

Seems like he is here to stay for the remainder of the year...

f***.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I guess I can understand the desire for red meat and wanting someone's head on a plate, but it makes no sense to can AV right now.

They need to take this time to evaluate talent and decide what kind of team they want to be—including what kind of system will be conducive to the roster they will have going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad